Motostorm for PS3

Posted by Xeal

Has anyone seen the motorstorm trailer?
The trailer made my pants explode.
It looks awesome, let's just hope it wasn't pre-rendered.
You can find it here http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/motorstorm/index.html?sid=6125057
It is trully the reason why Im going to get a ps3.

Unlike my friends, these Xbox360 traitors. *shesh*

Posted by Moogs

I bet it was pre-redered, but it may not be.

Posted by Speedfreak

You realise 360 can do anything PS3 can, right?

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Speedfreak: You realise 360 can do anything PS3 can, right?

I'm guessing you mean graphically, and we know this how?

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting boomstick: I'm guessing you mean graphically, and we know this how?

Because the MGS4 trailer worked on the 360

Posted by Moogs

So...

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Drewboy64: Because the MGS4 trailer worked on the 360

So, that doesn't prove that the 360 is as powerful as the PS3 and can 'do everything the PS3 can', it just proves it can run MGS4.

Posted by Xeal

The Trailer, yes.

But can it run the game?

Posted by Axis

Quoting Xeal: The Trailer, yes.

But can it run the game?

Uhh, why wouldn't it be able?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Because running a fully-interactive game in real-time is different from running a pre-animated trailer. I'm confident, however, that the ps3's processor is so overhyped and underpowered that the 360 could in fact do anything that the ps3 will be doing.

Posted by Big Boss

Cool! Where's the link?

Posted by Axis

Quoting Big Boss]hit when it comes to gaming, and Xenon really isn't much better. In single threaded performance they both about equal a 1.7Ghz Celeron. Considering GC's Gekko performs like a 900Mhzish Celeron, that's not particularly impressive.

In multithreaded performance, Xenon whips Cell's ass. This is because it's SPEs are pretty much useless for typical CPU tasks like physics and AI, so it's got to run both of those on it's crappy single core. Xenon has 3 of them. One thing SPEs are good for are floating point arithmatic, so they can help out with shader calculations. The gist of it is PS3 games might look a little better later on in terms of fancy lighting effects, wheras 360 will have much more realistic physics and play better due to much better capacity for AI. Overall, though, they're gonna look pretty much the same.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Axis: There isn't one, of course. Kojima said that it would be able to run on it, not that it actually did.

Ooooh... I was afraid he was referring to that. Like I said before, as far as I know Kojima Productions hasn't worked on the hardware, so I'm assuming Kojima is basing his statement from looking at the specs. So, it has not worked on the 360, then.

Drewboy, stop posting.

Posted by Speedfreak

Actually, as it happens, Kojima is kinda known to know absolutely jack about system specs. Regardless, both systems are boringly similar in terms of power.

Posted by Darkbackward

Who mis-used realise?

In that instance it should've been realize, not realise.

At any cost, I think we all know that the ps3 and xbox 360 will not show too much difference in technology. The difference will be in the games, where the ps3 will have about a thousand games worth playing and the 360 will struggle to have something "exclusive" to their name.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Darkbackward: Who mis-used realise?

In that instance it should've been realize, not realise.

At any cost, I think we all know that the ps3 and xbox 360 will not show too much difference in technology. The difference will be in the games, where the ps3 will have about a thousand games worth playing and the 360 will struggle to have something "exclusive" to their name.

That's most laughable thing I've heard in a LONG time.

Posted by Xeal

Quoting Axis: That's most laughable thing I've heard in a LONG time.

Xbox may have some good unique games like Halo and erm.. Im not an Xbox expert(so I shouldn't really make a post like this but..) but Sony has a large collection of these "unique" games, MGS, GranTurismo, Ratchet and clank, Viewtiful joe, Killzone etc.etc.

And Motorstorm for the coming console.. hey aren't we getting offtopic here?

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Speedfreak: Actually, as it happens, Kojima is kinda known to know absolutely jack about system specs.

Wow, really? How so?

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Xeal: Viewtiful joe

Which was originally released for the GameCube. Exclusive? Hmm.

Edit: Sorry about being blatantly off-topic. Indeed, Motostorm does look good.

Posted by brownoystercult

You guys DO realize that everytime Kojima releases screens for his game before the release, the realease turns out to be A LOT better looking, right? Hes proved it with MGS 1, MGS 2, and MGS 3.

And yeah, Motorstorm looks kick-***.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]Wow, really? How so?[/COLOR][/FONT]

I'm pretty sure he said PS2 was the most powerful at one point.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Big Boss]If that point was before the release of the GameCube or Xbox, then he was right at the time, and I imagine that's when it was since he released Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty around the same day as one of the two console's releases.

Posted by Speedfreak

True. I's not what I think of him, mind. I've just heard on another forum that he has a reputation for it, and I'm looking into it.