GameCube For Christmas

Posted by Mantis_Behir

i am getting a gamecube 4 xmas and i need to know the pros and cons bout the consle please

Posted by Klarth

pros: cheap, Smash Bros, one great Zelda already out and one great Zelda on the way, best graphics of the current consoles (except 360).

cons: no dvd playback, no online functionality, very few good games coming out for it these days, small modding scene, games are unreasonably priced.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

^ That pretty much sums it up. Plus, if you enjoy games such as Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, definitely get it.

Posted by Ant

Plus: Best Multiplayer without Online(which I could care less about).

Con: Lack of RPG's.

Posted by Cronoan

Best system in my opinion for platform games, since there aren't many of those coming out anymore :'(. Not to mention the fact that the best Metal Gear Solid ever was released only for GC. And a friend recently told me that Resident Evil 4 has better graphics for this system than PS2, which also makes sense. You should enjoy it. 8-)

Posted by Barrysun

pros: if you got a GBA, then get a gameboy player and it's GBA cable for some extra fun. you can even download games from some gamecube games to the GBA

cons: turning the GBA off will distroy the downloaded game.

Posted by Pit

Pros: First Party and Second Party Exclusives which of course include games such as Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid, etc. Not to mention it's massive amount of party games that are first party like the Mario Sport Games, Super Smash Bros., F-Zero, and more. Also, innovativations like the DK bongos to play games like DK Jungle Beat, which is an excellent Platformer and gives you a whole different way to play.

Title you should look out for are: Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Power Tennis, F-Zero GX, Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Resident Evil 4, Animal Crossing, Eternal Darkness, Ikaruga, Baten Kaitos, and the list goes on.

Also titles that are coming out are Megaman X Anniversary collection that packs Megaman X1 - X6 and of course the new Legend of Zelda game.

Cons:
Awkward Controller: While many will disagree with me on this one, the button aligment is not that great considering the PS2 or Xbox. The buttons are awkwardly placed and the small d-pad makes it difficult for certain genres of games. FPS's and Fighting games really aren't that great on this console. Though games specifically made for the system play excellently on it, plus it's durable and won't break easily.

DVD playback compatability: Eh', it may have been a drawback in 2001's launch, but almost everyone has a DVD player now a days.

Online functionality: Has a modem port, and 2 games support online "officially" while others are like you know, yeah.

Posted by Random

Pro's:
-Good quality exclusive titles
-Decent offline multiplayer
-Accessories + Games average to be cheaper than Xbox/PS2
-Decent hardware
-Has my 2005 Game of the Year Nominee (Mario Strikerse.. Yeah thats right!)
-Can play Gameboy games with the gameboy adapter.

Con's:
-Very small online gameplay (I like to play against others and do this thing I call compete).
-For a Lan party.. You have to purchase the online F***ing adapter that costs $30. Yeah rediculous.
-Lack of RPG's.
-Poor first person shooter controls.
-No dvd/cd player
-Have to purchase memory cards (Yeah the Hard Drive kicks ***).
-Lacks party support

I myself was thinking of purchasing my brother a Gamecube. He's 13 and has an xbox. He plays it constantly it seems. But I figure it's good to have change. One of my jobs is working at kmart and we have a deal going on with a Buy 2 get 1 Free with select games of (Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Zelda Windwaker, and Kirby Air Ride), so I was thinking of Picking up Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion and Zelda WW for him. And I was thinking of purchasing either the Pokemon XD bundle GC for him or the Mario Party 7 with an extra controller.

I must say Nintendo truley has gone all out with their holiday bundles.

GC: Mario Party 7 + Controller Bundle
Pokemon XD Bundle
SSBM Bundle

DS: Nintendogs Bundle
Mario Kart DS Bundle

A decent holiday treat for Nintendo fan!

Posted by Mantis_Behir

Thanks yall have been a big help