whats up with xbox 360?

Posted by El Gigante

personally, xbox is one of the most best systems around!
but i have my doubts on xbox 360
can someone reasure my feeling towards this system?

Posted by Random

Why have doubts? It's new it's fresh. When the Xbox Released I could only name a few worthy games of purchasing. Same goes right now with the 360. It's new and very hard to get a hold of. There are a ton of great games planning to come out in the future and more systems will be in abundance. Sony has downgraded their PS3 hardware to try to compete which has basically killed any superior hardware.

The 360 is a decent system and maybe working it's way towards greatness. While we anticipate games like Halo 3, A new GTA, Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XI, Gundam, DOA 4, Oblivion, KOTOR 3 perhaps, there are some games to hold you over. Personally I can tell you Call of Duty 2 for the 360 is far superior, Perfect Dark is worthy of purchase and I believe PGR3 and Kameo are too. Another great deal with the 360 is most of the better games are backwards compatible and later on all the Xbox Games will be compat. So if you enjoy Halo 1 or 2 or basically any star wars game or GTA then you can play it. Theres a huge list of games you can play from your xbox and I can personally tell you that it works.

The 360 will be huge. I almost garuntee it'll sell better than the Xbox did. We'll just have to wait and see. Failure in Japan but it's slowly gaining respect. In time when more games are out and developed that the Japanese want, there will be a gradual building fanbase there.

Trust me Microsofts not going anywhere anytime soon.

Oh and one more thing. The Recall thing is just a rumor. We got news in at work thats it's all just a big rumor as of now most likely started by people who didn't get one that want one. There are no recalls right now. Just blatent rumors those bastards!

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Failure in Japan but it's slowly gaining respect

The 360's launch was worst then the original Xbox and by the time those 2 Japanese RPG's come out, it may be too late.

As far as doubts, I'd definately wait, there's nothing on the 360 that warrants a buy, yet, Criminal Origins, Perfect Dark Zero and Call Of Duty 2 all look great, but it's not enough for me to go out and buy one, by no means.

I'd recommend waiting for the library to fill out and then go for it.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting SomebodyRandom: It's new it's fresh.

Lol. Thanks for the laugh.

Posted by Random

Quoting Linko_16: Lol. Thanks for the laugh.

.......lol I don't get it? If the truth is funny then so be it.

Posted by Klarth

IT'S NOT FRESH THOUGH. It's identical to the previous xbox save a complete drought of modding and a boost in graphics. There's nothing new nor fresh about it.

Posted by Big Boss

El Gigante, if you're a competitive gamer, the Xbox 360 is for you. Any 360 and 360 arcade game you play on it will have Achievements, which are gained whenever you accomplish a particular goal in the game. Say, if a new Ninja Gaiden comes out for the system and you want to prove to everyone how awesome you are for beating the game in Hard, you won't even need to tell them. People can simply look, with their Xbox Live account in the comfort of their home, at your gamercard and see that you have completed the game in that difficulty level. That's the big selling point for the 360. I'm more than likely now to play games I normally wouldn't play just to get the title's achievements and get my gamerscore up. I'll finally be renting games again. If you find that fun, like me and others, then jump right in.

As for the actual games, the launch lineup is as good as any other. Perfect Dark Zero is a solid, fun single player FPS, and its online multiplayer is incredibly addictive. It's certainly the game to get for the new console. Call of Duty 2 is also quite fun in multiplayer, offline or on, and I can bet the game is just as fun in single player if it's anything like the original Call of Duty. I can't speak from experience for other games, as I want to focus on each game separately. However, I've spent hours playing arcade games on the 360 as well, with Hexic HD coming free with the system. Then again, unless you get the enjoyment from playing all these classics (and new) arcade hits in a single console where everyone can see your scores, this may not be such a big selling point for you.

Essentially, if you want to be part of a tangible gaming community, the 360 will likely offer that in a way the PS3 and Revolution won't. The launch lineup has enough variety to satisfy all gamers, (unless you only like RPGs and fighting games).

Posted by Ant

If you liked Xbox you'll LOVE Xbox360. It has exactly everything that xbox has, but now with better graphics.

Posted by Random

And a larger lineup of RPG's, and hopefully better quality in RPG's.

Huge Online Gameplay
More RPG's
Awesome FPS's
Better graphics and Speed

It's not like the Xbox. It'll probably be better than the Xbox. Just give it time. I'm not promising it'll be great because it could totally flop, but if all goes as Microsoft plans, it'll be a lot better.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Ant: If you liked Xbox you'll LOVE Xbox360. It has exactly everything that xbox has, but now with better graphics.

AKA>Computer

And it's still huge!
What more can you wish for!? :dunno:

Posted by Shade

Not much more, I guess.

The 360 is, to me, a re-done Xbox, and I won't be buying it.. But then again, The PS3 is basically an upgraded PS2, yet I'll be getting that. Why? I have no idea.

Posted by ExoXile

Because you are faithful to sony? :)

Posted by Random

So the Revolution is a downgraded Gamecube. Same basic hardware just charging you to play old games. Very different *cough's* Sounds like backwards compatibility to me. Thats innovative right Sony and Microsoft? Oh wait they've already done that hahaha.

Posted by Ant

And the controller is nothing.

Also, I think it has about a 2.5 better times processor. How is that a downgrade? Don't be stupid for the sake of being stupid.

Posted by Random

The controller is nothing? Prove it? Thats opinion not fact. I personally think the 360 controller is the best ever. It has the best grips and perfect button location.

It is an upgrade but not like Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo says they don't want to compete hardware wise so they devote their time to innovation. Ok so the DVD remote is half their innovation. Ok so you have a DVD remote as your controller and it allows you to turn it sidways like a normal controller and if you need to you can use that joy stick thingy to do FPS. ok so Basically they cut 1 good controller in half and made it into something goofy?

Second innovation is their backwards compatability with all their systems. Not so innovative.. Yeah sorry Nintendo Sonys planned that for the PS/PS2 compat with the PS3 for a while. I don't find it extra innovative.

And they want to go online. Good job ninty your only a few years behind. Nice job with the innovation though. Y'know I think it's doing really great and all... *sarcasim* at least you have great holiday bundles that'll surely sell (Not sarcasim).

So hows the Revolution really different from the Gamecube. I think it'll be the same thing only with a goofy looking remote and backwards compatibility. The 360 has back compat. The Revolution will go online which is different I guess. Touche there! But uh...... whats really different about it? Seems like a gamecube to me. Probably play new Mario, Zelda and Metroid Games. Same with Sony. I'm sure we'll see a few Metal Gears and 2,000 other games nobody will buy mixed in with some GTA's and some Final Fantasy's. I mean wheres really the difference in any of it? It's just a hardware upgrade for all of them.

No buts about it.

Posted by Ant

Out of all them, Nintendo is the only one trying anything MORE than Sony and Microsoft. Will it be good? Who knows. But at least they are trying.

And where has anyone said they were being innovative by having backwards compatability or online?

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Klarth: IT'S NOT FRESH THOUGH. It's identical to the previous xbox save a complete drought of modding and a boost in graphics. There's nothing new nor fresh about it.

Well, The PSP isn't anything new either. It's identical to the gameboy advance, say, except it has better graphics, a better processor, looks different, and has a few more useless features.

The PS2 and the PS3 is the same.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Ok so you have a DVD remote as your controller and it allows you to turn it sidways like a normal controller and if you need to you can use that joy stick thingy to do FPS. ok so Basically they cut 1 good controller in half and made it into something goofy?

1. The remote, like a TV remote, is not as intimidating as a regular controller. The idea of moving 2 thumbs nimbly at once can be scary to non-gamers. With this new controller, all you have to do is move. It feels natural because it's how things work in real life.

2. The revolution controller has the ability to make the player feel like he's in the game. Instead of just pushing some buttons like a remote control, you're actually moving and the thing on screen is moving with you.

3.The controller can do a lot more things than an anologue joystick can do. It's basically up to the developer's imagination to decide what to do with the controller. It can roll, it can turn, it can bash, it can slash, it can direct, it can pull, it can point, it can scrub, it can poke, etc... and that's not including the plug at the bottom of the controller which can be used to expand on the controller.

4. There's still a "big secret" about the contoller according to Miyamoto. Who knows how this could revolutionize games?

How is the controller not revolutionary?

P.S. Excluding High Definition, the revolution will look pretty similar to the ps3 and xbox 360. What gave you the idea that it was a downgraded gamecube?

Posted by ExoXile

We don't know much about the Revolution, so SomebodzyRandom should just shut it.

Downgrade........................?
One thing first:

The Revolution itself is about 3DVD cases stuck together.
WOHO! no need to upgrade your floor,bookcase, etc to be able to have the console in your house- HUZZAH!

And well you see, the "innovation" of Nintendo is not the backwards compatability (or well yeah it is) nor the Wi-Fi connection.
It's the controller, and i'm sure Nintendo's "Big Secret" ain't going to be small!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=SomebodyRandom]The controller is nothing? Prove it? Thats opinion not fact. I personally think the 360 controller is the best ever. It has the best grips and perfect button location.

It is an upgrade but not like Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo says they don't want to compete hardware wise so they devote their time to innovation. Ok so the DVD remote is half their innovation. Ok so you have a DVD remote as your controller and it allows you to turn it sidways like a normal controller and if you need to you can use that joy stick thingy to do FPS. ok so Basically they cut 1 good controller in half and made it into something goofy?

Second innovation is their backwards compatability with all their systems. Not so innovative.. Yeah sorry Nintendo Sonys planned that for the PS/PS2 compat with the PS3 for a while. I don't find it extra innovative.

And they want to go online. Good job ninty your only a few years behind. Nice job with the innovation though. Y'know I think it's doing really great and all... *sarcasim* at least you have great holiday bundles that'll surely sell (Not sarcasim).

So hows the Revolution really different from the Gamecube. I think it'll be the same thing only with a goofy looking remote and backwards compatibility. The 360 has back compat. The Revolution will go online which is different I guess. Touche there! But uh...... whats really different about it? Seems like a gamecube to me. Probably play new Mario, Zelda and Metroid Games. Same with Sony. I'm sure we'll see a few Metal Gears and 2,000 other games nobody will buy mixed in with some GTA's and some Final Fantasy's. I mean wheres really the difference in any of it? It's just a hardware upgrade for all of them.

No buts about it.

You are a fucking imbecile.

First off, 2.5 times a Gamecube processor would beat the hell out of Sony and Microsoft's trash in single-threaded performance hands down. They are upgrading it's graphics capabilities, they're just not supporting HD. You haven't seen what the graphics look like, so you're not in any place to complain anyway.

You haven't used the controller either, so you can't say it's "goofy" or "just a normal controller cut in half". You're also ignoring everyone who HAS used it. All developers, all gaming journalists and even regular journalists from places like MTV all agree that it's an amazing, intuitive and groundbreaking peice of kit. Oh, and none of them was waving it around like a retard either.

They never said their backwards compatibility was innovative, they're just touting it as one of it's cool features. Comparing it to PS3's compatibility is fucking bullshit and you know it, Sony have only made 2 goddamn systems; this is about to be Nintendo's 5th. Plus, it's extremely likely that Sega will offer their games on the download service too. That's over 25 years of amazing games in one small box. That's why it's a decent feature.

You have no clue how amazingly ignorant you are about Nintendo's online experience. They've been trying to go online before the internet existed. In fact, every single one of their home consoles has been able to go online in some way. The 64DDs Randnet kicks the crap out of Xbox Live any day of the week, by the way. Which just goes to show how ambitious Nintendo have been with online play before broadband even existed. They are definately not late into the game with this, and they more than anyone else know when the right time to do it is.

How is it different to Gamecube? How is it similar to Gamecube, you mean? Here's a nice list of differences:

1) Different design aesthetic
2) Better hardware capabilities
3) New controller
4) Better online service built into it
5) Better for the games industry
6) Best platform for games designers
7) Reaches new markets
8) Backwards compatible with 25 years of games
9) Backed by a new, much more aggressive president
10) It's not 18 months too late

There's a crapload more, but 10's enough to prove that you're a moron.

Posted by ExoXile

[QUOTE=SomebodyRandom]The controller is nothing? Prove it? Thats opinion not fact. I personally think the 360 controller is the best ever. It has the best grips and perfect button location.

The 360's controller is a GC ripp-off!

[quote]It is an upgrade but not like Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo says they don't want to compete hardware wise so they devote their time to innovation. Ok so the DVD remote is half their innovation. Ok so you have a DVD remote as your controller and it allows you to turn it sidways like a normal controller and if you need to you can use that joy stick thingy to do FPS. ok so Basically they cut 1 good controller in half and made it into something goofy?

How stupid are you?
They don't upgrade the harware more than necessary.
Because that's just stupid and it's more expensive for the buyer.

It's not a DVD remote, it's a controller you tard.

FPS, Adventure, RPG, Survivial Horror....... FPS? pfffffttt!

[quote]Second innovation is their backwards compatability with all their systems. Not so innovative.. Yeah sorry Nintendo Sonys planned that for the PS/PS2 compat with the PS3 for a while. I don't find it extra innovative.
Nintendo was first out with backwards compatability.
And it's not 10 or 15 years, but 25!
.....Innovative, no?

[quote]And they want to go online. Good job ninty your only a few years behind. Nice job with the innovation though. Y'know I think it's doing really great and all... *sarcasim* at least you have great holiday bundles that'll surely sell (Not sarcasim).

Seemingly you know shi- about Nintendo.

[quote]So hows the Revolution really different from the Gamecube. I think it'll be the same thing only with a goofy looking remote and backwards compatibility. The 360 has back compat. The Revolution will go online which is different I guess. Touche there! But uh...... whats really different about it? Seems like a gamecube to me. Probably play new Mario, Zelda and Metroid Games. Same with Sony. I'm sure we'll see a few Metal Gears and 2,000 other games nobody will buy mixed in with some GTA's and some Final Fantasy's. I mean wheres really the difference in any of it? It's just a hardware upgrade for all of them.

A FF: CC is in the making for Rev, and as you said:
Zelda, Metroid Prime, etc (That's more than enough really.)

HAH! so you are saying... the same games will be coming?
So you... don't think the "Your-so-called-DvD-remote" will offer all kinds of new INNOVATIVE games?

You really are stupid :dunno:.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting SomebodyRandom: The controller is nothing? Prove it? Thats opinion not fact. I personally think the 360 controller is the best ever. It has the best grips and perfect button location.

As Speedy already said, everyone who's actually tried the controller thinks it's fantastic and supports it 100%. You can argue all you want that that's technically not fact, but it's still a ****ed good reason to say it's going to be an awesome experience.

[QUOTE=SomebodyRandom]Second innovation is their backwards compatability with all their systems. Not so innovative.. Yeah sorry Nintendo Sonys planned that for the PS/PS2 compat with the PS3 for a while. I don't find it extra innovative.

Gee, that's real amazing for Sony and all, considering all the game formats for the past three systems have been exactly the same.

[QUOTE=SomebodyRandom]And they want to go online. Good job ninty your only a few years behind. Nice job with the innovation though. Y'know I think it's doing really great and all... *sarcasim* at least you have great holiday bundles that'll surely sell (Not sarcasim).

It's easy to make a new system by Christmas practically all you do is throw in better graphics, change it from black to white and slap a $400 dollar price tag on it.

[QUOTE=SomebodyRandom]So hows the Revolution really different from the Gamecube. I think it'll be the same thing only with a goofy looking remote and backwards compatibility. The 360 has back compat. The Revolution will go online which is different I guess. Touche there! But uh...... whats really different about it? Seems like a gamecube to me. Probably play new Mario, Zelda and Metroid Games. Same with Sony. I'm sure we'll see a few Metal Gears and 2,000 other games nobody will buy mixed in with some GTA's and some Final Fantasy's. I mean wheres really the difference in any of it? It's just a hardware upgrade for all of them.

No buts about it.

Saying Nintendo's games won't be new because they're using classic mascots is thoroughly ignorant. Look at what Nintendo did with their characters even before they had a new form of control... Metroid Prime brought about a whole new genre by bringing an adventure aspect to FPS's. Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga both brought action innovations never before seen in RPG's. The Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords brought multiplayer to Zelda nobody had previously imagined. Now look at how they've used the DS's Touch Screen, a new form of control similar to the Revolution's motion sensor. Nintendogs? Kirby's Canvas Curse? Meteos? How can you say the new controller won't bring anything new?

Posted by Random

Quoting ExoXile: The 360's controller is a GC ripp-off!

How stupid are you?
They don't upgrade the harware more than necessary.
Because that's just stupid and it's more expensive for the buyer.

It's not a DVD remote, it's a controller you tard.

FPS, Adventure, RPG, Survivial Horror....... FPS? pfffffttt!

Nintendo was first out with backwards compatability.
And it's not 10 or 15 years, but 25!
.....Innovative, no?

Seemingly you know shi- about Nintendo.

A FF: CC is in the making for Rev, and as you said:
Zelda, Metroid Prime, etc (That's more than enough really.)

HAH! so you are saying... the same games will be coming?
So you... don't think the "Your-so-called-DvD-remote" will offer all kinds of new INNOVATIVE games?

You really are stupid

So your saying the 360 controller is a rip off the Gamecube controller? So your saying the 360 controller that has the basic designs of the Xbox controller is a rip off the gamecube controller when microsoft already thought of it?

ok so I get how the DVD Remote can be moved to use it to feel like your actually in the game. But with obsolete graphics that don't make you look like your in the game won't make me feel much like i'm in the game. So you cut an old NES Controller into a thinner piece, used it so you can turn it sidways like a controller and have a wired hooked up so you can use it for other games. So you took 1 great controller and split it into half. I still don't get it? Maybe i'm just retarded here.

And I didn't literally mean a downgrade. It just hasn't been upgraded like the other systems. Sure the hardware inside isn't everything, it is the games that make the console but still. I love to upgrade graphics. Some games have poor graphics that will always be great games but we're moving foward in technology.

I'm not saying it's not completely innovative because there is innovative idea's behind it but it's not what everyone makes it out to sound. Plus you guys are saying how Sh*tty the PS3 or 360 controllers are when most of you don't even have a clue.

Oh well i'll argue more later.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting SomebodyRandom: i'm just retarded here.

Key point.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=SomebodyRandom]It just hasn't been upgraded like the other systems. Sure the hardware inside isn't everything, it is the games that make the console but still. I love to upgrade graphics.

HOW

THE FUCK

DO YOU KNOW?

Did you even read my post? Carry on totally ignoring people and you're well on your way to being banned again.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting SomebodyRandom: So your saying the 360 controller is a rip off the Gamecube controller? So your saying the 360 controller that has the basic designs of the Xbox controller is a rip off the gamecube controller when microsoft already thought of it?

Ah, did i say 360?
Of course i meant Xbox.

Doesn't matter, they both look and act the same.

Posted by Skitzo Control

The Xbox controller is not a rip-off of the GC controller. Nobody would even want to steal that idea, simply because it's rather uncomfortable for a lot of 3rd Party games (Madden is awful on GCN). Sorry, this is one aspect in which HPK is right. Just look at the pictures of each:
[IMG]http://www.gadgetsville.co.uk/images/Gamecube%20official%20Joypad%20Platinum.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.thegames.be/images/XBOX_controller-green.jpg[/IMG]
The placement of the ABXY, the Start/Select button placement, the shoulder buttons, the little extra buttons (Z and the Black/White buttons) is entirely different. The only thing you could possibly argue is the left control stick, which is standardized for all controllers.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The only thing you could possibly argue is the left control stick, which is standardized for all controllers.

Well, the C-stick is basically another A-stick. With that, the position of both sticks plus the d-pad is pretty much the exact same.

Though, I don't see much of a resemblance past that.

Posted by ExoXile

But it should be enough though.. :cool:

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting SomebodyRandom: ok so I get how the DVD Remote can be moved to use it to feel like your actually in the game. But with obsolete graphics that don't make you look like your in the game won't make me feel much like i'm in the game. So you cut an old NES Controller into a thinner piece, used it so you can turn it sidways like a controller and have a wired hooked up so you can use it for other games. So you took 1 great controller and split it into half. I still don't get it? Maybe i'm just retarded here.

Obsolete graphics? You think you'll be playing to 8-bit pixels? Even if the Revolution had graphics just as good as the GameCube, that's still more than enough to make things look very realistic.

And the controller... so, they cut an NES controller into a thinner piece, turn it sideways, give it a motion sensor to bring innovative control no other system can boast, and then give it the ability to hook into any other kind of control mechanism they could possibly imagine to bring about an infinite possibility of game styles. Yeah, seriously guys, what's the big deal? We must all be retarded.

Posted by Drewboy64

Somebody Random, how the **** can you say the revolution controller isn't innovative, but the 360 controller is totally new? You do know that it can move anywhere in a 3d plane and tilt to affect the game, right? Revolution, graphically, won't look as good as the 360 or PS3, sure, but nevertheless will have amazing graphics. In fact, it might just be in par with the 360, in terms of how it looks and not actual numbers.

Quoting SomebodyRandom:
I'm not saying it's not completely innovative because there is innovative idea's behind it but it's not what everyone makes it out to sound. Plus you guys are saying how Sh*tty the PS3 or 360 controllers are when most of you don't even have a clue.

You are saying the Revolution controller is hardly innovative without having used it in anyway whatsoever, where as we are saying the 360 controller is not in any way original or fresh, and most of us have actually used it.

Posted by Burrito

SomebodyRandom, you are completely oblivious. Maybe you should take some time to actually READ people's posts.