Sony enter Panic Mode

Posted by Speedfreak

Question: How do you know when Sony have entered Panic Mode?

Answer: When they start coming out with bulls[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it like this!

[URL="http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=13603"][COLOR=palegreen]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=13603[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=palegreen]
[/COLOR]
"Moving on to the PSP, how do you think it's gone now we're three months on from launch? What do you make of the reports Nintendo DS is outselling it?

Well that's factually incorrect. PlayStation Portable has been the fastest-selling machine to ten million units. We are bringing in plane-loads of PSPs into Europe and the US as we speak in order to satisfy the demand in the run-up to Christmas, and if you talk to retail they'll tell you it's the hottest-selling piece of hardware right now - by far and away the number one demanded product in stores this Christmas."

Keep dreaming, baldy.

Maybe Nintendo will get a bald marketing guy that lies through his teeth too, to compete with the other two.

Posted by nich

too long. didn't read. But from what you posted he sounds like hes some old guy who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Posted by Big Boss

Their job as spokesmen is to put their company under a good light regardless of whether or not logic agrees with them. Mr. Harrison is the current top guy at Sony, so he'll be saying crazy stuff like Ken Kutaragi. Like Reggie.

Posted by Ant

Hmm, the main thing I notice when Reggie speaks is not blatent lies.

Posted by Speedfreak

At least Reggie just resorts to acting like a scary man, rather than lying.

Posted by Drewboy64

Mmmm, Reggie. Huh, what?
Yeah, PSP isn't outselling DS. Anyway, Sony's being sued for some computer thing that installs spyware on your computer, but I don't know if that would affect their videogame area much.

Posted by Speedfreak

Do you EVER post something relevent!?

Posted by Drewboy64

Doesn't Sony loosing lots of money possibly have an affect on them panicking and such?

Posted by Fate

I'm not quite sure about this, but I don't think the PSP is making them lose money.

Posted by Drewboy64

I didn't say the PSP was making them loose money (even thought it is). "Sony's being sued for some computer thing that installs spyware on your computer." This means they are loosing money. Getting sued usually = loosing money.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate][COLOR=skyblue]I'm not quite sure about this, but I don't think the PSP is making them lose money.[/COLOR]

Well, they lose money on every PSP sold, and the attatch rate for PSP is extremely low. I can only see their revenue from it coming from UMD movies, and that won't last long. They really have to get some amazing games coming or PSP is in serious trouble.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Yes, Sony has entered "panic mode". Right now the nintendo ds is outselling the psp by a longshot.

Yes, I know...it's hard to believe that nintendo is out selling sonys psp. Sony has the common 12 year olds backing the system up saying "Oh, dudez PSP has awesome-ist graphicz yo...you can even download mp3s to it..therefore its better than the ds".

God...whatever happened to kids liking games for the "gameplay"?

Posted by Drewboy64

gameplay is so 80's. And the PSP commercials are so stupid. There's the ones where the guys have it for 3 seconds and then through it across the city, and theres the one where they compare the PSP to a portable nut or portable carpet...

Posted by Fate

k, only a fanboy would point out such a mundane "feature" of a system. It's like bagging on Sony for its welcome screen on the PS2 or something.

VRZ: I'm pretty sure there are some games on the PSP with some good gameplay. Also, you don't have to be a complete retard to like it.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Big Boss]
As for DS, I notice a few people in my school have one, I have yet to see a PSP in the hands of a teen in my school. The only possitive thing I can say for the PSP is that I hear they have some good games, and of course UMD movies are another possitive for the PSP, but really if I had a PSP I would not bother with UMD Movies.

Anyways I think the DS will end up winning against the PSP, unless sony comes up with some grade A games or atleast great games to get near the DS. If I had to choose witch handheld to get it would probably be the DS since its so much cheeper and has cheeper games then the PSP.

Posted by Random

Sony maybe perhaps a little scared but their far from panic mode. They're home console dominates easily outselling the Xbox 4-1 it seems, and outselling the Gamecube 5.5-1. They have lost a good ordeal of cash (With lawsuits, recalls, and other problems) in the gaming industry but they have been hitting hard console sale wise. Though the PSP's aren't selling like the DS's, keep in mind the DS is cheap and affordable. I would buy a DS over a PSP for the sheer fact that it's cheaper. The PSP I feel overall has a few better games but thats personal opinion. When the PSP drops down some on cash, i'm sure the sales will go up.

Sony has to worry some about losing some of the party support. It seems as though Microsoft is starting to steal some of their steam. Having Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XI, Castlevania, Perhaps Metal Gear, and some other games that have been mainly Sony exclusive titles may come back to bite them, but as of now doesn't seem to shake anything.

I myself don't really like Sony, but I must say they have great marketing idea's and will probably win this coming console race. It maybe less than what it was for this race, but I think they won't worry a little too much.

Call it a hunch.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]A spokesman lying about their company? Nooooo! You're kidding? I am shocked!!!!!!!!!! I just know this is going to be devastating to me as a gamer [/COLOR]:rolleyes:

Quoting Speedfreak: At least Reggie just resorts to acting like a scary man, rather than lying.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Didn't he say that Nintendo would be kicking a[COLOR="Yellow"]s[/COLOR]ses and taking names? It's been like, almost 2 years and i've yet to see any as[COLOR="Yellow"]s[/COLOR]es kicked or names taken by Nintendo.

Liar liar, pants on fire.[/COLOR]

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Those were figurative asses and names. Their games are still better than everyone else's, in my opinion, so they've done their job, says I.

sony won't enter panic mode until the ps3's sales drop off after the initial few million fanboys buy the system without realizing there aren't any games on it that they want, that they hate the controller and the next 5 redesigns sony makes of it, and that most of their favorite developers have gone multiplatform because the ps3 is too hard to develop for and not as powerful as sony's demos and propaganda have made it out to be. Then they'll quickly announce the ps4, which will actually be more of a ps3.5 and will thus be supremely outclassed by the third X-box and Nintendo's follow-up to the Revolution.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Aioros][COLOR=yellow]A spokesman lying about their company? Nooooo! You're kidding? I am shocked!!!!!!!!!! I just know this is going to be devastating to me as a gamer [/COLOR]:rolleyes:

[COLOR=yellow]Didn't he say that Nintendo would be kicking a[COLOR=yellow]s[/COLOR]ses and taking names? It's been like, almost 2 years and i've yet to see any as[COLOR=yellow]s[/COLOR]es kicked or names taken by Nintendo.

Liar liar, pants on fire.[/COLOR]

PSP is getting pounded into the floor by DS, and GBA still outsells both of them combined. Try looking harder. I guess totally bullshitting is something Sony fans have grown accustomed to over the years, because on our planet flat out lying about your success is a great display of weakness, aswell as being totally illegal.

Posted by Random

Quoting Speedfreak: PSP is getting pounded into the floor by DS, and GBA still outsells both of them combined. Try looking harder. I guess totally bullshitting is something Sony fans have grown accustomed to over the years, because on our planet flat out lying about your success is a great display of weakness, aswell as being totally illegal.

And PS2's sell better than anything so shut up about the DS and GBA. They're a lot cheaper and that makes it affordable. Of course people are going to go for cheap. I'd like to buy my brother a PS2 but no it's more expensive and I can't afford to give him "more expensive" so i'm sticking with buying him a cube.

Sony has great success. Look at the PS2 Sales. Speedfreak open your eyes for a minute. Do you realize they easily outsell the Gamecube, DS, and maybe GBA sales combined with the combination of the PS2/PSP? I garun D*mn Tee it.

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting SomebodyRandom: And PS2's sell better than anything so shut up about the DS and GBA. They're a lot cheaper and that makes it affordable. Of course people are going to go for cheap. I'd like to buy my brother a PS2 but no it's more expensive and I can't afford to give him "more expensive" so i'm sticking with buying him a cube.

Sony has great success. Look at the PS2 Sales. Speedfreak open your eyes for a minute. Do you realize they easily outsell the Gamecube, DS, and maybe GBA sales combined with the combination of the PS2/PSP? I garun D*mn Tee it.

I'm sorry, but you CAN NOT COMPARE A CONSOLE TO A HANDHELD!!!
I doubt it that the PS2 and PSP have outsold the GCN / DS / GBA combined.
1. it's BS I want Proof (All I know is PS2 just recently sold 2 mil)
2. CAN NOT COMPARE A CONSOLE TO A HANDHELD!!! =P

Posted by Random

Quoting Dark Link: I'm sorry, but you CAN NOT COMPARE A CONSOLE TO A HANDHELD!!!
I doubt it that the PS2 and PSP have outsold the GCN / DS / GBA combined.
1. it's BS I want Proof (All I know is PS2 just recently sold 2 mil)

I can and will compare handhelds with home consoles in comparison of sales. Speedfreak is comparing Handheld to Handheld, I earlier compared Home Console to Home Console, now i'm comparing All vs All. Capish?

1. PS2's have sold over 100 million not 2 million dumb*** http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,123760,00.asp
2.PSP Has hit 10 Million Unit sales
http://news.softpedia.com/news/PSP-Reaches-10-Milion-Units-10861.shtml
3.And here is proof that Nintendo sales aren't doing so hot
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/26/news_6117154.html
4.You are a complete and total retard and I hope you realize how retarded you look.

Dark Link huh? Dark as in stupid?

Posted by Skitzo Control

That's 10 million units shipped, HPK, not sold. Units shipped means they have about 10 million on the shelves and in stores. Having all of those sold, though, is a bit of a difference.

Posted by Random

oops.. Sorry but still 100 Million PS2 Units sold is spectacular. Nintendo can't touch that. Neither can Microsoft. Both their home consoles combined can't touch that. As much as I dislike Sony, they definately have the upper hand.

Theres no buts about it. But But Nintendo is selling better handheld wise. Thats handheld wise not overall and Sony has way more cash than Nintendo may ever have. Truth hurts but it needed to be said. Sonys not scared. If anything the other competitors are a little timid.

Just needed to be said. Can't compete with sales like those. You just can't..

Sorry Ninty Fanboys :-\ I don't like Sony much either but what can ya do?

Posted by Skitzo Control

100 million PS2 units isn't that spectacular. Companies don't usually make money off their hardware. It's the software sales that make the big bucks. In that area, Nintendo is making and has made the most money. Although Sony isn't far behind, with the current problems they are having in gaming, I doubt they'll stay there. Microsoft is fairly far behind, but they aren't losing in the industry, by far.

Sony mostly has the upper hand because of their ties with the movie and music industry. No matter what happens in gaming, they still make money, as does Microsoft, since they have their hands in computers.

Posted by Random

I'm not even talking about money. I'm talking about cold hard sales. Developers will want to put their games onto Sony products because they have been selling much better than either of the other two consoles. It gives Sony the upper hand in a lot of exclusive titles. Money means a lot but Sony has Billions upon Billions, they're not worried about the cash. Sales people sales. Money is a big thing in this world (obviously) but they want to gain fans respect so later down the road they can earn more cash.

100 Million is a lot.. Xbox sells around 21 million and the cube around 16 million. Combined they just can't compete.

Posted by Ant

Quoting SomebodyRandom: ml[/url]
3.And here is proof that Nintendo sales aren't doing so hot
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/26/news_6117154.html

Just so everyone knows that was posted Jan 26, 2005

Nearly a year ago, no big deal.

Also, I've heard from a varity of sources that the GBA has outsold the PS2. If we are comparing Console and handheld, guess the GBA wins.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

I'm reminded of those commercials with the guys talking about that ugly green sport shoe.

GUY 1: "The kids will think it's sick"

GUY 2: "Sick? What's sick?"

GUY 1: "Sick, it's like phat. It means it's cool, it's what all the kids are saying now"

GUY 2: "Oh I get it. So if we release this, we'll be so phat... we'll be sick?"

Posted by powerpuff

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Sony has great success. Look at the PS2 Sales. Speedfreak open your eyes for a minute. Do you realize they easily outsell the Gamecube, DS, and maybe GBA sales combined with the combination of the PS2/PSP? I garun D*mn Tee it.

Are you ****ing retarded the gba has out sold the ps2 by itself and if you add the ds and gcn they have sold more *****. research the numbers before you "garun D*mn tee" something you dumb bastard!

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=SomebodyRandom]Developers will want to put their games onto Sony products because they have been selling much better than either of the other two consoles.Actually, developers want to put their games on systems because of how easy they are to develop and are fun to create. Developers are looking at the PS3 and going, "Ew... That looks like no fun." They're looking at the Xbox 360 and thinking, "That could be pretty alright..." And, as for the Revolution? Let's just say they're jumping up and down like a poodle about to get a treat.:)

Posted by Ex-Linkman

There's a perfectly logical explanation as to why Sony sells so many Playstation 2 units, and why Nintendo sells so little Gamecube units. The answer should be obvious though; the PS2 breaks extremely easy. I know people on their 3rd and 4th Playstation 2 consoles. Being proud of their supposed spectacular number of PS2s sold, KNOWING that a huge chunk of that came from people needing to replace them only makes Sony look even more arrogant.

Posted by higbvuyb

It's also becuase lots of idiots and fanboys buy the PS2, not knowing that the Xbox is better and the Gamecube is even better.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Thats handheld wise not overall and Sony has way more [highlight]cash[/highlight] than Nintendo may ever have.

[Quote=SomebodyRandom]I'm not even talking about [highlight]money[/highlight]. I'm talking about cold hard sales.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=SomebodyRandom]And PS2's sell better than anything so shut up about the DS and GBA. They're a lot cheaper and that makes it affordable. Of course people are going to go for cheap. I'd like to buy my brother a PS2 but no it's more expensive and I can't afford to give him "more expensive" so i'm sticking with buying him a cube.

What's your point? Reggie said they'd kick a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s about 4 years after Gamecube launched, there's not really much hope for GC after that kind of wait, f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cktard. Ever since he said it, all their new products have p[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]ssed over Sony's, that's what I'm getting at.

And actually, you're wrong. All units combined, Nintendo owns the friggin' industry. They make half as much money on software as EA, the largest videogame publisher in the world, despite only developing for a quarter to a third of all platforms. What the hell does that tell you about how much a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s they're kicking?

The 100 million PS2s is also the amount shipped and replaced combined, by the way. PS2s have the highest failure rate of any product in the industry, fact. Sony never EVER report real world figures, which is why they're passing off the 100 million number for PS2, the 10 million for PSP and the 2 TeraFLOP figure for PS3. They are the masters of marketing bulls[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it and they treat consumers like f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking morons.

Posted by Bebop

I'd really like to get back on topic of the subject of spokesmen lying. Both Big Boss and Aioros, huge anti-Nintendo and pro-Sony supporters, claime Reggie the Ninty spokesman is also a liar but have both still failed to give examples.

Big Boss, Aioros or any other person who is capable please give a real example of Reggie, or any other Nintendo spokesperson lying with evidence.

Thanks

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting SomebodyRandom: And PS2's sell better than anything so shut up about the DS and GBA. They're a lot cheaper and that makes it affordable. Of course people are going to go for cheap.

I love how you keep going over how, yeah, the DS and GBA are selling better, but it's just because they're cheaper. Like that means it doesn't count or something.

I'm actually surprised to hear the DS is doing better than the PSP. Everyone in my school seems obsessed with them, and I only know a few other people who have a DS.

Posted by Pit

Quoting higbvuyb: It's also becuase lots of idiots and fanboys buy the PS2, not knowing that the Xbox is better and the Gamecube is even better.

YEAH BECAUSE PEOPLE SHARE THE SAME OPINION AS YOU AND YOU CAN GET ECLUSIVE PS2 TITLES SUCH AS GOD OF WAR, RATCHET AND CLANK, DEVIL MAY CRY, ETC, ETC, ON GCN OR XBOX.

CAPS LOCK.

Posted by Fate

What the hell is this coalition against Sony? Do you guys even play with a PS2? I don't know what ****ty gamer tactics you guys are using, but if you treat your systems with care, nothing should happen to them. The game library is ****ing amazing.

Posted by starsavior

For all the idiots that are saying cheaper........DS with mario kart 149.99......DS with Nintendogs..... 149.99.... PS2 149.99 and just from my personal experience this fall in one of the biggest shopping areas in nashville i have sold out of ds hardware many many times and i still have about 20 psp units..... i think ive sold maybe 50-100 ds units and maybe 10 units for the psp.

Quoting big boss: What the hell is this coalition against Sony? Do you guys even play with a PS2? I don't know what ****ty gamer tactics you guys are using, but if you treat your systems with care, nothing should happen to them. The game library is ****ing amazing.

I've got a ps2, as most around here already know. I purchased it used and severely broken on ebay, then fixed it for about $100 less than what I would have paid for it used and working. Strangely enough, it's worked perfectly ever since, and is currently running all day every day at my arcade playing Soul Calibur III for the masses. II was way better, in my opinion, but my customers like III. They ruined all of Cassandra's moves and made her too much like Sophitia for my taste. Anyway, the game library is far from amazing, let alone four-star-ing amazing. Star Ocean, Dragon Warrior, and Ys. Pretty much everything else is garbage. Just because you and millions of others just like you say so, doesn't make it true for those of us with more sophisticated tastes.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Linko_16: I love how you keep going over how, yeah, the DS and GBA are selling better, but it's just because they're cheaper. Like that means it doesn't count or something.

Natrually price does affect sales but it sounds as if you're assuming the DS is only selling more because it is cheaper. That is not entirely the case. I bought my Ds for the games, the price was a blessing. Assuming a console's sales are based only on it's selling price is ignorent and foolish. As a more respected member of this board Linko I thought you would have been capable of coming to that conclusion and quite frankly I'm disappointed in you.

I'd really like to get back on topic of the subject of spokesmen lying. Both Big Boss and Aioros, huge anti-Nintendo and pro-Sony supporters, claime Reggie the Ninty spokesman is also a liar but have both still failed to give examples.

Big Boss, Aioros or any other person who is capable please give a real example of Reggie, or any other Nintendo spokesperson lying with evidence.

Thanks

Posted by Fate

"We're the only company showing true innovation" is a total lie. Their systems may be innovative, their controllers may be innovative, and even their handhelds are innovative. But let's check a look at first-party games other than games like Pikmin or something?

Let's see, Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Extreme Snowboarding with Nintendo Characters Everywhere, etc. No doubt you can have fun with the games, but to call your company a pioneer of all things innovative is just a flat-out lie.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Fate, do you see Sony or Microsoft taking those risks? No. The only thing nearly innovative that either is doing is Sony's new controller, which isn't anything special at all. The other companies are keeping everything standardized and dare not to stray from the norm.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Dark Link: I'm sorry, but you CAN NOT COMPARE A CONSOLE TO A HANDHELD!!!
.....blah blah blah blah.....

You can in terms of overall sales/profits for a company. We aren't exactly comparing graphics, gameplay, battery life, or anything of the sort. We are talking about money and sales. And you know what? I have seen nothing but fanboyish banter from almost everyone that has posted in this thread. I understand that people have their reasons for supporting one company or system over another, and I repspect that....on some level. However, all I see here is bullsh!t. I see people on both sides of the fence here spewing out statistics like there's no tomorrow. But, I have yet to see anyone back it up with solid evidence. Having said this, I refuse to get involved any further in this discussion, as it will only lead to more bullsh!t statistics being virtually vommited at me via my computer screen.

Good day.

Posted by Random

Thank you Opeth I think I finally found someone worthy of thinking on a higher level on this. Comparing overall not just handhelds. Like I said.. I can and will compare.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Skitzo Control: Fate, do you see Sony or Microsoft taking those risks? No. The only thing nearly innovative that either is doing is Sony's new controller, which isn't anything special at all. The other companies are keeping everything standardized and dare not to stray from the norm.

Like I said, Nintendo can innovate hardware, but in terms of software, it's the same old stuff. I'm not saying Nintendo is bad, or that the other systems are superior. I just stated something that Bebop wanted to hear.

Also, whether games stray from the norm or not, I don't care. But spice it up a little.
:/

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Fate: What the hell is this coalition against Sony? Do you guys even play with a PS2? I don't know what ****ty gamer tactics you guys are using, but if you treat your systems with care, nothing should happen to them. The game library is ****ing amazing.

There's no point in argueing with most them, I'd say most of the people here are just Nintendo fanboys and won't accept anything else.

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Pretty much everything else is garbage. Just because you and millions of others just like you say so, doesn't make it true for those of us with more sophisticated tastes.

This statement proves my point

Posted by Fate

Yeah, I've pretty much given up hope with Prince. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt in the past, but he's suddenly become more aggressive towards me.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Fate: Yeah, I've pretty much given up hope with Prince. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt in the past, but he's suddenly become more aggressive towards me.

As PS2 continues to outsell Nintendo's Gamecube the Ninty fanboys just get worse and worse

It's not you, it's just the foolish dislike of a console just because it's defeating a favored one badly in sales

Posted by Ant

Quoting boomstick: As PS2 continues to outsell Nintendo's Gamecube the Ninty fanboys just get worse and worse

It's not you, it's just the foolish dislike of a console just because it's defeating a favored one badly in sales

Sales don't have anything do with it. If you think about it, why would anybody care? As long as Nintendo is still making a decent profit, then there is no harm to them being done.

It's quality.

Posted by Fate

The PS2 is also quality. Fanboys of any system will find any reason to dislike a different console.

Posted by Speedfreak

Wow. That was the dumbest string of comments ever. If you don't think the PS2 has an amazing library, you're a fanboy. The irony is quite frankly intoxicating.

Yeah, anyway, Nintendo does innovate with software, you're just citing stupid examples. Mario Party is made by Hudson, it's not a Nintendo developed game, it's just their property. Despite this, Mario Party does actually try to do something new in every single installment. The fact that these new additions are a lot of the time just total crap is irrelevent. Fact is, they could just pull an EA and just keep adding more minigames, but they don't. Second, Mario sports titles bloody rock and there should be more of them. They're some of the best party games you can possibly buy. I don't really see how they aren't fresh and new considering Mario Tennis and Golf are the only ones with sequels. All the other titles are brand new.

As for their main franchises, are you nuts? They're the only company that consistently get comments like "they ruined Zelda" every time they introduce something new to their games, yet they prove people wrong EVERY TIME and they STILL DO IT.

Okay, sure, they aren't making as many franchises as, say, Sony right now. Here's a clue why that is. Nintendo is 25 fucking years old. At the same stage Sony is at now, they were making MUCH more new franchises. It just so happens that most of them were bloody popular and, from a business standpoint, needed to be maintained. Yet they still manage to bring out new franchises. The fact that Sony's making new franchises isn't remotely special considering they had none to begin with. As the final nail in the coffin of your arguement, what the hell have Sony done to make Gran Turismo fresh every time other than updating graphics and adding more cars? Absolutely sod-all, that's what.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Ant: Sales don't have anything do with it. If you think about it, why would anybody care? As long as Nintendo is still making a decent profit, then there is no harm to them being done.

It's quality.

We were just talking about in Prince's case in that quote.

Oh, I'm sorry, my bad, I did say Ninty fanboys instead of Prince, my bad, nevermind

Quoting Speedfreak: Wow. That was the dumbest string of comments ever. If you don't think the PS2 has an amazing library, you're a fanboy. The irony is quite frankly intoxicating.

Wow, I never saw that said anywhere, because it wasn't, I suppose.

Posted by Fate

First off, Addy, I wasn't implying that the PS2 has the best library, nor was I saying that Nintendo's library wasn't impressive. My statement was meant to take a shot at people who just deny it.

Also, regardless of Nintendo's age, they are no longer the "pioneers of innovation" since NOTHING NEW IS COMING FROM THE GAMES. A Zelda game is still a Zelda game, no matter how impressive it is or how many bells and whistles are added to the gameplay.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Fate][COLOR=skyblue]Like I said, Nintendo can innovate hardware, but in terms of software, it's the same old stuff. I'm not saying Nintendo is bad, or that the other systems are superior. I just stated something that Bebop wanted to hear.[/COLOR]The DS is a main example of both innovative hardware and software. With that second screen, they could have just done what I expected them to: release a lot of games, and use that second screem to hold the map/HUD. They didn't do that. They released games like Nintendogs, Pokemon Racing, and so forth. Once you release a hardware, there's not much you can do from there. What innovations could they have done with the 'Cube? They release Sunshine, which had a new mechanic (psst, it was the big water gun!). Metroid Prime was rather innovative, adding a bit of adventure to the generic FPS genre. Reggie didn't lie when he said that, because it's true: Nintendo is the company that is taking the most risks and being the most innovative.

Posted by Linko_16

[quote=Fate]What the hell is this coalition against Sony? Do you guys even play with a PS2? I don't know what ****ty gamer tactics you guys are using, but if you treat your systems with care, nothing should happen to them. The game library is ****ing amazing.

I <3 my PS2. I've only had to have it sent in for repairs once, and I can say the same for my GameCube.

Quoting Bebop: Natrually price does affect sales but it sounds as if you're assuming the DS is only selling more because it is cheaper. That is not entirely the case. I bought my Ds for the games, the price was a blessing. Assuming a console's sales are based only on it's selling price is ignorent and foolish. As a more respected member of this board Linko I thought you would have been capable of coming to that conclusion and quite frankly I'm disappointed in you.

Words in my mouth, plzkthx. I'm not assuming the DS sells better because it's cheaper; didn't I say in that very same post I was surprised the DS was outselling PSP? I love the games I have for DS and look forward to getting many more I don't even have yet. The PSP, on the other hand, has only one game that sounds interesting to me, and that's just out of fan appeal (RockMan RockMan, a remake of the original Mega Man).

Posted by Random

I'm sure a lot of DS Sales is because it's cheaper though. I mean theres no garunteed way to figure out how many exactly but I probably have 20 friends with DS's and 10 friends with PSP's. Probably 18 out of the 20 friends who owned DS's say they would have gotten a PSP had the price tag been the same. But it's not. It costs more to produce and some people just can't afford to pay that price tag. It's logical really. If you can't afford your first choice, why not go with the alternative choice?

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting boomstick]There's no point in argueing with most them, I'd say most of the people here are just Nintendo fanboys and won't accept anything else.

Hardware-wise, surely. However, I saw Sony take more risks with games than Nintendo has ever done. Ico was quite the unique game, revered among the people that played it, yet it sold poorly in America. Somehow, Sony still funded for their Japanese branch to release its unofficial "sequel" Shadow of the Colossus here in America (an equally innovative title), as well as the new franchise God of War, which has thankfully become quite popular all over. And let us not mention their support of the "tired" 3D platform genre which was revitalized with the trio of newcomers Ratchet, Jak and Sly. Sony took a couple of risks I'm extremely thankful for, unlike a company that makes developers change their own games so they star Nintendo characters in them over original creations. And, they didn't need "innovative hardware" to do it.

So, while it's easy to see that Nintendo is now "innovative" with their DS games, it's nothing short of expected. Every time a new type of hardware comes around, it's not hard at all to think up new gaming experiences. The challenge is to create unique gaming experiences in the type of hardware that has been around for years, and Nintendo hasn't pulled that off in my eyes. If the DS succeeds and we see double for decades, I bet it'll be other companies that innovative for the system instead of Nintendo. You'll be playing NintenCats 8 until your eyes bleed, or you could play a revolutionary Capcom game that takes the DS by storm.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate][COLOR=skyblue]First off, Addy, I wasn't implying that the PS2 has the best library, nor was I saying that Nintendo's library wasn't impressive. My statement was meant to take a shot at people who just deny it.[/COLOR]

Um, yeah. And I'm picking at your weird idea that people can't deny PS2 having the best library.

EDIT: Oh, I fucking love this whole "We'll never convince them of anything" charade. Really, it has to be the most hypocritical peice of bullshit I've seen you guys put out.

Posted by Fate

Deny that the PS2 has a good library, at least. You can't possibly call Dragon Quest, Chrono Cross, and Final Fantasy crap just because they're on a Sony console. It's the same way that I can't deny Nintendo having a [generally] awesome first-party lineup.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yes I can and yes you can. How good a game library is depends entirely on what games you like. I would've thought that insanely obvious.

Seriously though, if you really don't think Nintendo are the biggest risk-takers and innovators in the industry, ESPECIALLY for their size, then you're an insane minority. The entire games industry disagrees with you. Assuming we're fanboys for thinking that is one of the stupidest, most ignorant things I've ever heard anyone say, considering you're assuming that the vast majority of every member of every development team out there is also a fanboy. It's quite obvious that you guys are carrying far more bias than all of us combined.

Posted by Fate

It's the same concept as me calling modern art "unartistic." I think it's crap, but I won't deny the art value. I guess it's difficult for me to convey what I really mean since I'm not that eloquent. :/

Posted by Speedfreak

I admit fully that PS2 has a big library, but that's really all I can admit without bringing personal opinion into it.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]JESUS FUC[COLOR="Yellow"]K[/COLOR]ING CHRIST, Speedfreak. More games means more good games than the competition. Don't pretend like you don't understand the logic behind that statement.

Look, Ocarina of Time is considered the best game of all time by many. Not by me, but definitely by many. If i was told to assemble a well thought out top 50 list of the best games i would place OoT #1, why? Because i was told to make an honest list with personal preferences out of the way. After looking at overall scores from different sites and magazines plus other factors, it would be the obvious conclusion.

The same goes for Sony's library. Look at the amount of high scored, popular, original and exclusive games in the PS2's library, it's not hard to see that it easily outnumbers the competition in every way.[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

How can I understand the logic behind that statement WHEN THERE ISN'T ANY? More games doesn't mean more good games that the competition, this is utter horses[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it. If it were true, PCs would reign supreme as they have orders of magnitude more titles than any home system to date. But they don't, because most of the games are in of about 4 genres that are only ever popular on the PC with extremely few innovations between them.
It should come as no surprise that the term "FPS" wasn't even widely used until Goldeneye 007 came out; until then they were called "Doom clones", which really says something about the state of PC games.

Your example makes no godd[COLOR=lightgreen]a[/COLOR]mn sense whatsoever, either. First off, who the f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck would ask you to compile a list of the 50 greatest games and not allow you to bring personal opinion into it, when the only thing that remotely defines how great a game is is your personal opinion of it.

I'll humour you here, though. If someone did ask you to do the impossible, the only logical way to compile such a list is through each game's popularity (everyone else's opinion), i.e sales figures. You could do a vote, but not everyone would take part so the results would be innaccurate. Sales figures are much more accurate "voting" results anyhow, as everyone has taken part.
I can bet you sure as hell wouldn't be pleased with the list that would result anyway. You might not have a problem with Super Mario Bros being the best game of all time, but I'll bet anything that you'd be p[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]ssed at Pokémon Red/Blue being rated higher than FFVII.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: Let's see, Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Extreme Snowboarding with Nintendo Characters Everywhere, etc. No doubt you can have fun with the games, but to call your company a pioneer of all things innovative is just a flat-out lie.

Adding your popular characters to a sport arena is still a clever idea but granted not the most innovated. As for Zelda, radicially changing it's graphic appearance to an extent is innovative. It's a visual twist on a series and a visual twist is still a change to a gameplay twist.

But I'm dissappoitned in you for Fate for using only Nintendo's sports games as examples of not being innovative.

First off let's look at graphical innovation. Aside from Wind Waker (and on that the idea of Zelda lets not forget what 4 wrods brought us) look at Paper Mario. The idea of using paper characters in an RPG, yet tp be stoeln by otehr developes, created unusual methods of play like slipping behind cracks. On that note look at otehr Mario RPGs and comapre them to say Final Fantasy. Mario RPG battes are much differnt to that of FF or any RPG. Surely a sign of innovation, even in the slightest wouldnt you say?

As for new types of genre likes Animal Crossing Nintendo also add new ways to play existing genres like RTS with Pikmin (which you have already stated), and Super Smash Bros. Wario Ware is a new genre one could argue. Never before has the idea of playing lots of tiny games in quick succession been seen than before Wario Ware hit shelves. Still innovation in one sense or another. And this is just from my limited game library.

Basically Nintendo does alter each game in some way. Whether it be graphically, and let's be honest here, whens the last time Tony Hawks (now in it's 6th installement in 4 years am I right?), Gran Turismo, any EA game Grand Theft Auto undergone even the simplest of visual alterations?

As for gameplay, excusing new ideas, Nintendo does make new ways of play. Arguably planted Mario and co in a sport that has excisted for years isnt much in terms of creative genius but certainly the mechanics of it would qualify. Compare the character's power shots to othersports games for example. As for Mario Kart Double Dash using the rather gimmicky, but nonetheless enjoyable, idea of 2 on a vehicle. Whether you enjoyed that or not it was still a slight innovation.

Don't expect Ninty to make the most radical changes to their games and genres every single time but at least admit they do so alot more than other devlopers and from the looks of things at least attempt it in nearly every franchises games.

[quote=Airoso]More games means more good games than the competition

Not true at all but I can see what you're trying to say. I think a better re-phrase is "More games means MORE LILEY to have more good games than competition". Simply having more games does not mean having a library with higher qaulity.

An army consiting of 500 blind, deaf lepors isn't going to be a better army than 50 SAS troops.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I like how he made a whole thread out of one paragraph, and then proceeded to ignore the entire rest of it.

Three cheers for the anti-sony fanboy.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, mainly because the rest of it wasn't really anything special. Kinda like how normally when people make threads they're talking about one thing that happens in the whole world without talking about all the other things.

Quoting boomstick: It's not you, it's just the foolish dislike of a console just because it's defeating a favored one badly in sales

No, it's him. I could care less about the fact that the ps2 is beating GAMECUBE in sales since the games I wanted to be released for the GAMECUBE have been released, with the exception of Castlevania, but we won't go into Konami's jerkwaditude right now. The idea of the weakest console of the generation being the biggest seller grates a bit since it hinders the progress of the industry, but my attitude has always been sour about that. Mostly I'm giving fate a hard time because "she's" a fake account created by big boss.

And for the record, I have never said that a game is bad simply for being on a sony console. I have always given very detailed, valid reasons why I dislike games like grand theft auto and Xenosaga. There's only one game that offends me simply for being on a sony console, and that's Kingdom Hearts. Praised by Squaresoft and playstation fans alike, had this game been a GAMECUBE exclusive, it would have been berated and laughed at as "just another kiddy Nintendo game." And I believe I wrote something like a 10-page essay on the subject of why no one can ever tell me that they honestly enjoyed chrono cross.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Prince Shondronai]There's only one game that offends me simply for being on a sony console, and that's Kingdom Hearts. Praised by Squaresoft and playstation fans alike, had this game been a GAMECUBE exclusive, it would have been berated and laughed at as "just another kiddy Nintendo game."

I have to say, you hit the nail on the head with that one. Not that it being on Gamecube would've changed my opinion of it. Final Fantasy VII and Disney, to me, is the worst combination of characters ever. I really do hate both universes.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Prince Shondronai]Mostly I'm giving fate a hard time because "she's" a fake account created by big boss.Fate is not a fake account created by Big Boss.
---
The PS gaming library has the worst good-to-bad ratio. For every good game, there at least 20 other crappy games. If I had control of Sony, there would never be another Spongebob Squarepants, That's So Raven, or any other Disney/Nickelodeon/Cartoon Network game on my system, ever again.

*edit* Unless, of course, those publishers would be willing to part with 90% of the profits. I would make a whole $30 on that game, worldwide.

Posted by Random

Quoting Speedfreak: I have to say, you hit the nail on the head with that one. Not that it being on Gamecube would've changed my opinion of it. Final Fantasy VII and Disney, to me, is the worst combination of characters ever. I really do hate both universes.

I Loved Final Fantasy VII but personally I thought Kingdom Hearts was a bit dumb. The whole disney thing I didn't care too much for. But a lot of people did and you can't argue with sales.

Posted by Speedfreak

I bloody can and you can't stop me. Superman 64 was a smash hit in the states.

Posted by Random

Never heard of it. And no you can't argue with sales. I mean you can but you won't get very far.

Posted by Speedfreak

Superman 64, aka worst game of all time. Sold like hotcakes in the US despite this. I might not be able to argue with the numbers, but I sure as hell can deny that they define how good a game is.

Posted by Random

Well I agree with that. But thats personal opinion really. Someone like my brother may have loved that game and said it's the best game of all time. You just can't use personal opinion in something like that. I agree I thought Kingdom Hearts sucked but i'm sure Kingdom Hearts 2 will sell just about as good if not better. A lot of people loved that game.

Posted by Speedfreak

What's your point?

Quoting Skitzo Control: Fate is not a fake account created by Big Boss.

You are wrong.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Never heard of it. And no you can't argue with sales. I mean you can but you won't get very far.

Sales don't make games good, especially this day in age. The media has millions upon millions of dim-witted people by the balls, especially in the US. Take 50 Cent: Bulletproof for example. It'll sell thousands and thousands of copies, but not because it's a good game. Mostly everyone that'll buy that game will do so because the T.V. told them to. :)

Posted by Skitzo Control

Or 'cuz Fiddy is the illinest foo' on the planet, yo'.

Or because it's a GTA ripoff.

Posted by Ant

Sigh, on the main rack today at Best Buy a full row was set for Kingkong and 50 Cents game each. Both the PS2 versions.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Prince Shondronai: You are wrong.

What. The. Hell. Just because I support Sony? I'll have you know that I support all next-gen consoles and respect all game companies worthy of the business and competition.

In Fiddy's defense, the game at least looks nice.

Posted by Bebop

Fate do you agree with my last sentences on my previous post? I was really looking for a reply from you.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Speedfreak: Yeah, mainly because the rest of it wasn't really anything special. Kinda like how normally when people make threads they're talking about one thing that happens in the whole world without talking about all the other things.

The point remains that you made a rather misleading thread. By just looking at the title, one would expect some sort of article detailing Sony's iimpending financial collapse, or some thing like Squeenix anounce that they werent going to work with Sony. But the best you could come up with was nit picking one insignificant paragraph in an article that wasnt even really about that particular subject. Its like you take every chance that you can to try to stick it to Sony, and it makes you seem silly.

Also, as a person who owns neither an Xbox nor a Gamecube, I find Kingdom Hearts to be one of the most retarded games of all time.

Posted by Speedfreak

K, uh, maybe you don't know what "Panic Mode" is. It's when Sony says or does something crazy because they're in a bit of minor trouble.

Posted by Random

Sonys not in any trouble. Theres no real need to be in trouble. They're a Multi billion dollar company who dominates in the Gaming industry. Theres no need for them to worry.

Are you trying to convince us, or yourself?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=SomebodyRandom]Theres no real need to be in trouble.

Lol, what?

Posted by Bebop

I'm still awaiting a reply from Fate.

And of course I'm still waiting for big Boss and Aioros to give examples of Nitnendo or Nitnendo spokesperosns lying. Both said they do but despite several times both refuse too.

I have two explantations for this behaviour:
1>They don't have any which means they are fanboys becuase only a fanboy would say "omg yeh well YOUR console lies" without giving any eveidnce in the same post or even after anotehr member has specifically asked them to supply some

2>They are ignoring my posts becuase they smell and would rather continue their somewhat off topic argument wqith Prince and Speedy. :(:(:(

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Speedfreak: EDIT: Oh, I fucking love this whole "We'll never convince them of anything" charade. Really, it has to be the most hypocritical peice of bullshit I've seen you guys put out.

I hate to say it, but I'm totally with Speedfreak on this one. People like different games for different reasons, and there's no sense in being so disrespectful about something so trivial.

The way I see it, pretty much everyone in this thread has given valid reason for their preferences. I see great logic in how Big Boss values the innovations and risks Sony's taken within hardware boundaries, and Speedy was right to say that just because the Playstation has a big library does not necessarily mean there are more games there that he'd enjoy. I find it disgusting that when Bebop makes a well-thought-out, 5+ paragraph post about why he supports Nintendo and considers them innovative, someone else can just dismiss the entire thing and call him an "Anti-Sony Fanboy," or that Fate can be accused of being Big Boss's puppet account just because they both support Sony.

Just because you argue does not mean you've got to be animals about it.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Linko_16: or that Fate can be accused of being Big Boss's puppet account just because they both support Sony.

Well, that's just one kid saying that, and not a particularly bright one at that. It's not the first time he's spout out incoherent statements, so just take them as they come. They're often quite hilarious.

Bebop: My comment was intended to show that we shouldn't even bother to listen to what spokesmen have to say about their products and companies, other than release dates and such. As gamers, I'd like to think we know better than what the "No Comment" employees tell the press. Whether they lie or not is irrelevant, as anything they say isn't worth taking seriously. Reggie would be fired before he admitted a real fault from Nintendo. It's not his job to say anything negative about the company, and catching him in a lie would be expected. Whether one lies to make his company look good while the other is selective about what information to let the media know to make his company good is of little concern. You may be bought by the great public speaking skills he may have, but his job is the same one he has had working at Pizza Hut and whatever non-gaming else before being hired by Nintendo: Make the company look good by whatever means possible.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Sonys not in any trouble. Theres no real need to be in trouble. They're a Multi billion dollar company who dominates in the Gaming industry. Theres no need for them to worry.

The gaming industry is composes of "gamers," but not everyone who plays video games is considered a gamer. A lot of people own Playstation 2's as something to do with their friends on a raining day. They don't exactly make playing videogames, keeping up with the news and release dates part of their lives such as we do. This is where Sony truely dominates, but not because they have the better system or the better console exclusive games. It's because of a marketing trend. If you're not a gamer, and you consider getting a gaming console, you simply jump to the conclusion that the PS2 is the best choice because it's the most talked about. That being said, Sony is in big trouble, at least in the videogame market (Sony as a whole is no danger what-so-ever). All it'll take is a simple shift in this marketing trend and they'd lose most of their revenue outside of the gaming industry.

And in the defense of Sony fans that like them because THEY like them, not because they feel like they're supposed to (Fate, Big Boss). If such a marketing trend shift were to happen, and it will eventually, there will be gamers that will stick by Sony just as gamers stuck by Nintendo all these years. And for that, they deserve just as much respect as any Nintendo fan.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Big Boss]

I know what a spokesmans job means and represents. What I want is an actual example of Reggies or another Nintendo spokesperson telling a lie. If you cannot provide an example and If i cannot find one the logical explanation is that Nintendo do not lie. Prove me wrong.

Posted by GameMiestro

Quoting Speedfreak: K, uh, maybe you don't know what "Panic Mode" is. It's when Sony says or does something crazy because they're in a bit of minor trouble.

*cough*

"Panic Mode" is when the PSP goes the way of the NGage. It hasn't happened yet.

Posted by Speedfreak

That doesn't even make sense.

All "Panic Mode" is is a term coined by game enthusiasts to make fun of Sony when they say or do something completely crazy when evertything isn't peachy.

Posted by GameMiestro

It has never been "just peachy" for Sony.

Posted by Bebop

You should shut up.

Posted by Slade

I really like Sony.

....That is all.

Posted by Random

This has gone on too long. They aren't in any financial trouble. Multi Billion dollar company should be fine. I doubt we'll see their downfall anytime soon. And this topic really doesn't have anything. Just some crap source that doesn't explain squat.

Posted by Drewboy64

nintendo rulz lol
yeah.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting SomebodyRandom: This has gone on too long. They aren't in any financial trouble. Multi Billion dollar company should be fine. I doubt we'll see their downfall anytime soon. And this topic really doesn't have anything. Just some crap source that doesn't explain squat.

Have you read ANY posts in this thread?

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Bebop: I know what a spokesmans job means and represents. What I want is an actual example of Reggies or another Nintendo spokesperson telling a lie. If you cannot provide an example and If i cannot find one the logical explanation is that Nintendo do not lie. Prove me wrong.

I'm afraid I can't prove you wrong. If you say, "Nintendo doesn't lie," there would be no changing that opinion. Every company lies. I could go online and search old quotes, but that isn't worth your being proven wrong, so believe what you want. "Nintendo doesn't lie."

Posted by Random

Quoting Bebop: Have you read ANY posts in this thread?

Yeah and it's amounted to nothing. Nothing more than Sony supposedly lying and the same **** post time after time. THIS IS GOING F***ING NOWHERE.

Sorry.. Little hyper I suppose

Nothing personal Bebop..

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Linkman: The gaming industry is composes of "gamers," but not everyone who plays video games is considered a gamer. A lot of people own Playstation 2's as something to do with their friends on a raining day. They don't exactly make playing videogames, keeping up with the news and release dates part of their lives such as we do. This is where Sony truely dominates, but not because they have the better system or the better console exclusive games. It's because of a marketing trend. If you're not a gamer, and you consider getting a gaming console, you simply jump to the conclusion that the PS2 is the best choice because it's the most talked about. That being said, Sony is in big trouble, at least in the videogame market.

May I ask how you back this info up, how do you know that group is Sony's only strength, honestly it seems Microsoft and the Xbox are the ones going more that way.

So, are you saying that people who are considered actual gamers don't go with Sony and that more of them go with Nintendo and Microsft?

I'd like to see how you back up this assumption

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]I'm afraid I can't prove you wrong. If you say, "Nintendo doesn't lie," there would be no changing that opinion. Every company lies. I could go online and search old quotes, but that isn't worth your being proven wrong, so believe what you want. "Nintendo doesn't lie."[/COLOR][/FONT]

I can prove you're a transvestite, but it's not really worth my time and effort just to prove something you know deep down to be true, so believe what you want. "I don't wear women's clothing".

Honestly...

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Speedfreak: ...

I can prove you're a transvestite, but it's not really worth my time and effort just to prove something you know deep down to be true, so believe what you want. "I don't wear women's clothing".

Honestly...

Oh, so you really believe Nintendo, unlike every other company, "doesn't lie"? You would actually need someone else to look up an Internet quote or news somewhere, because otherwise you really believe Nintendo doesn't lie.

Ok. That is very nice of you.

Let's put this simply, so the most pointless argument on Earth ends: Nintendo doesn't lie! There. Anyone happy? Have views changed? Do we found ourselves suddenly liking Nintendo more? I promise, if I happen to come across a lie by Nintendo on accident, I'LL POST IT IN THE FRONT PAGE AND STICKY IT UNTIL THE END OF TIME! But until then, let's just assume that Nintendo doesn't lie, mm'kay? In fact, let's hope Reggie's first lie in his entire life isn't that Zelda is coming to the GCN.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting boomstick]May I ask how you back this info up, how do you know that group is Sony's only strength, honestly it seems Microsoft and the Xbox are the ones going more that way.

So, are you saying that people who are considered actual gamers don't go with Sony and that more of them go with Nintendo and Microsft?

I'd like to see how you back up this assumption

I didn't say it was Sony's only strength, I said it was their biggest strength. I'm pretty sure there are just as many gamers devoted to Sony as there are with Nintendo, maybe more, maybe less.

Now how exactly do you want me to back up what I said before, don't you watch TV or read the news? The media's outlook on video games is simple: Sigh, on the main rack today at Best Buy a full row was set for Kingkong and 50 Cents game each. Both the PS2 versions.

I went Christmas shopping at Best Buy yesterday and saw the same exact thing. How else can you explain that? Having to stockpile hundreds of copies of what'll be one of the worst games of 2005 (btw, referring to 50 Cents' game), and on the PS2 no less.

The media is like clockwork, and for that, it's pretty safe to make an assumption off a small fact.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Big Boss]

It's not a case of me actually being proved wrong. It's a case of supplying evidence. You can't say stuff without any evidence. The fact you havent tells me you were just trying to say Ninty lies, supposadly like other businesses, just because the thread was about your favorite company lying. I consider your post to be a way of you saving face. Quite frankly as an older member of the board and a super-mod I thought you would have learnt you need to supply evidence whenever you say something like that. In fact I'd consider this to be pretty fanboyish of you.

With that said I now consider Nintendo to be more honest than Sony. In fact I consider Microsfot to be honest and Sony to be big fat poopy liars.

[quote=Big Boss]
Let's put this simply, so the most pointless argument on Earth ends: Nintendo doesn't lie! There. Anyone happy? Have views changed? Do we found ourselves suddenly liking Nintendo more? I promise, if I happen to come across a lie by Nintendo on accident, I'LL POST IT IN THE FRONT PAGE AND STICKY IT UNTIL THE END OF TIME! But until then, let's just assume that Nintendo doesn't lie, mm'kay? In fact, let's hope Reggie's first lie in his entire life isn't that Zelda is coming to the GCN.

This isn't a case of "teh biggest EVAR argument ending" it's a case of "how long did it ****ing take big boss to admit he didnt have any evidence in the first place so why did he say it in the frist place?"

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]Oh, so you really believe Nintendo, unlike every other company, "doesn't lie"? You would actually need someone else to look up an Internet quote or news somewhere, because otherwise you really believe Nintendo doesn't lie.

Ok. That is very nice of you.

Let's put this simply, so the most pointless argument on Earth ends: Nintendo doesn't lie! There. Anyone happy? Have views changed? Do we found ourselves suddenly liking Nintendo more? I promise, if I happen to come across a lie by Nintendo on accident, I'LL POST IT IN THE FRONT PAGE AND STICKY IT UNTIL THE END OF TIME! But until then, let's just assume that Nintendo doesn't lie, mm'kay? In fact, let's hope Reggie's first lie in his entire life isn't that Zelda is coming to the GCN.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Stop being an ass, you know exactly what my point is. Don't argue if you're not prepared to back up what you're saying. If you remember, we banned HPK for failing to do that.

Posted by Fate

"The Revolution controller is more than a peripheral."

Posted by Speedfreak

Oh piss off. That's hardly comparable to flat out lying about your sales figures, especially since that statement is extremely open to interpretation and they've provided numerous explanations for it.

Posted by GameMiestro

He could have just been looking at incorrect sales figures.

Posted by Speedfreak

Right, that's likely.

Posted by GameMiestro

Quoting Speedfreak: Right, that's likely.

I find it odd that the interviewers didn't ask what "facts" he was talking about.

It would have made a good arguement.

Posted by Speedfreak

Because they had like a billion other questions and it's obvious he's lying.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: "The Revolution controller is more than a peripheral."

I must say although I've never heard this quote I think more of a context would help. Chances are whoever from Nintendo said this they later on went to explain why. In fact I'm not even sure I know what this sentence means. Either way this sentence could be seen more as Nintendo's point of view than a lie. And there's a difference between opinion and lying about sales.

Fate, does this mean you agree with my older posts or not? I am still awaiitng your reply.

Posted by Fate

Some points, yes. Lying about sales, I think, isn't worse than lying about the actual hardware. To me, companies lying is nothing new and really shouldn't even be touched. :/

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Speedfreak]Stop being an ass, you know exactly what my point is. Don't argue if you're not prepared to back up what you're saying. If you remember, we banned HPK for failing to do that.

Their job as spokesmen is to put their company under a good light regardless of whether or not logic agrees with them. Mr. Harrison is the current top guy at Sony, so he'll be saying crazy stuff like Ken Kutaragi. Like Reggie.

See? The closest thing I said was that Reggie would be saying crazy stuff like the rest, and wouldn't "crazy stuff" come down to a matter of opinion? Personally, I believe saying he was kicking *** and taking names was a little crazy, or that the Game Boy Micro had any virtues other than giving Nintnedo more cash, but that's just me.

Posted by Speedfreak

Oh, sorry. Was that too offensive? Let me elaborate.

That was the most pathetic attempt at backing out of an arguement I've ever seen in my entire life.

You sad, sad bastard.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: Some points, yes.

Well which points? I've done my best to prove that Nintendo is more innovative than other developers from my exisitng game library so I can't really see how you could only agree/disagree on some of those points and not all of them seeing as they are in the same boat. Lol boat :chainsaw:

[quote]Lying about sales, I think, isn't worse than lying about the actual hardware. To me, companies lying is nothing new and really shouldn't even be touched.

I agree (and unfortuantely Sony does both) but referring to your perphial quote I'd like more information on that. Speedfreak suppiled a quote from a legitimate article including link. If your simplly just going to post a quote without saying where it is from, who said it etc than it is no more reliable than me saying president of Sony stated "I make sweet music with horses. And by music I mean have sex with. And by horses I mean my dad"

Posted by Drewboy64

Wait, how is saying the rev controller is more than a peripheral a lie?

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Speedfreak: Oh, sorry. Was that too offensive? Let me elaborate.

That was the most pathetic attempt at backing out of an arguement I've ever seen in my entire life.

No, but I still have a tedious job to do. You can insult people all you want in my book, but keep it on topic, like, "Sad bastard, that's a lame attempt at blah blah blah." I assume you know the concept of one-liners + off topic by now. Being insulted in a message board by people I don't know is hardly offensive.

At any rate, my argument makes perfect sense. I never actually said Nintendo lied, did I? I made a general statement that all companies lie. I can't provide proof for every single one of them, because it's understood in a thinking, knowledgeable community that all companies lie. You said yourself profit comes first where companies are concerned. You've used that argument before when defending topics like Nintendo's decision to release one GameBoy after the another. Their commitment isn't to the consumers when it comes to spokesmen, but to shareholders and CEOs, and if a lie must be fabricated to make the company look good, they will without a second thought.

I avoided explicitly pointing out Nintendo because I have no immediate proof, and looking for it isn't worth it when the argument itself is worthless. All companies lie, especially big companies like Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. The only thing to agree with here is whether or not you believe this. Since I, along with hopefully a majority, believe companies have lied to the media at some point and will continue to do so (all that changes is the weight of the lie), then saying Nintendo lied is just kind of obvious. Since I wasn't expecting people here to display such ignorance (although some are forgiven for their age) when it came to Nintendo as a company lying, I had no immediate proof to show that they specifically have done so. But, since your kid brother apparently is determined to know exactly what lie Nintendo has said, and since I don't really care what he thinks, I just left it at, "Ok, Nintendo never lies!," even though I never made an argument about Nintendo specifically lying.

At any rate, where can I find these sales figures that say the DS is outselling the PSP, as in, how many units have been sold since both systems were out? I figure I should find out the truth if Sony is lying about this.

Posted by Bebop

I never made an argument about Nintendo specifically lying either. The careful wording of your post made it sound as if you were saying Nintendo was/had lying, you sneaky sausage. I merely wanted evidence. Asking for that is hardly creating an argument.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Bebop: I never made an argument about Nintendo specifically lying either. The careful wording of your post made it sound as if you were saying Nintendo was/had lying, you sneaky sausage. I merely wanted evidence. Asking for that is hardly creating an argument.

I didn't say you did, I said you wanted proof because you didn't believe Nintendo lied. If you believed otherwise, you wouldn't have asked, unless we're arguing just for the sake of it. I told you I didn't have any proof of where Nintendo lied, but apparently that wasn't enough for your brother, and here we are.

Posted by Bebop

Well then I'm sorry but this sentence certainly made it look like you were accusing me But, since your kid brother apparently is determined to know exactly what lie Nintendo has said, and since I don't really care what he thinks, I just left it at, "Ok, Nintendo never lies!," even though I never made an argument about Nintendo specifically lying..

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]No, but I still have a tedious job to do. You can insult people all you want in my book, but keep it on topic, like, "Sad bastard, that's a lame attempt at blah blah blah." I assume you know the concept of one-liners + off topic by now. Being insulted in a message board by people I don't know is hardly offensive.

At any rate, my argument makes perfect sense. I never actually said Nintendo lied, did I? I made a general statement that all companies lie. I can't provide proof for every single one of them, because it's understood in a thinking, knowledgeable community that all companies lie. You said yourself profit comes first where companies are concerned. You've used that argument before when defending topics like Nintendo's decision to release one GameBoy after the another. Their commitment isn't to the consumers when it comes to spokesmen, but to shareholders and CEOs, and if a lie must be fabricated to make the company look good, they will without a second thought.

I avoided explicitly pointing out Nintendo because I have no immediate proof, and looking for it isn't worth it when the argument itself is worthless. All companies lie, especially big companies like Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. The only thing to agree with here is whether or not you believe this. Since I, along with hopefully a majority, believe companies have lied to the media at some point and will continue to do so (all that changes is the weight of the lie), then saying Nintendo lied is just kind of obvious. Since I wasn't expecting people here to display such ignorance (although some are forgiven for their age) when it came to Nintendo as a company lying, I had no immediate proof to show that they specifically have done so. But, since your kid brother apparently is determined to know exactly what lie Nintendo has said, and since I don't really care what he thinks, I just left it at, "Ok, Nintendo never lies!," even though I never made an argument about Nintendo specifically lying.

At any rate, where can I find these sales figures that say the DS is outselling the PSP, as in, how many units have been sold since both systems were out? I figure I should find out the truth if Sony is lying about this.[/COLOR][/FONT]

*rolls eyes*

Fine, all companies lie to some degree. I still believe Sony are the only company that come out with either complete and utter bulls[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it that takes advantage of the audience's ignorance (like their PS3 demos and power comparisons) or shocking, bald-faced lies like the one I've posted.

As far as I'm aware, the only thing Microsoft or Nintendo have done that comes close is Microsoft saying Xbox will only be a pure games machine, and not try to take over the living room. But that can easily be attributed to a change of strategy, unlike claiming utterly false sales figures and concocting cleverly worded technology presentations to baffle the masses. It's no coincidence that there are "Boycott Sony" webpages all over the internet. The way they treat their consumers isn't exclusive to SCE, you know.

Truly, honestly, though. I can only think of one instance where Nintendo has lied, and even then we're not sure. It was when Nintendo as Microsoft were arguing over who was selling more of Gamecubes an Xboxs respectively. Turns out that sales them were extremely close, so it's extremely likely that both of them were telling the truth at one point or another.

The sales figures are everywhere, by the way. DS has been outselling PSP in Japan for something ridiculous like 34 consequetive weeks in Japan. I recall last week the figures were something like 95,000 for PSP and 400,000 for DS. It's pretty much common knowledge.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Linkman: I didn't say it was Sony's only strength, I said it was their biggest strength. I'm pretty sure there are just as many gamers devoted to Sony as there are with Nintendo, maybe more, maybe less.

Now how exactly do you want me to back up what I said before, don't you watch TV or read the news? The media's outlook on video games is simple; if it isn't a sport/racing game, doesn't have action and/or violence in incredible realism, or isn't based on a movie/celebrity, it doesn't exist. Where do you find the biggest library of these types of games, why the Playstation 2 of course! But the media doesn't get involved because they appreciate games like gamers do, they get envolved for the same reasons the do anything else, money and publicity. It doesn't matter if it's holding an award show to market games based on movies and celebrities, no matter how horrible they are, or blaming a murder committed by a kid on video game violence, millions of people will believe it.

I went Christmas shopping at Best Buy yesterday and saw the same exact thing. How else can you explain that? Having to stockpile hundreds of copies of what'll be one of the worst games of 2005 (btw, referring to 50 Cents' game), and on the PS2 no less.

The media is like clockwork, and for that, it's pretty safe to make an assumption off a small fact.

You can go on to say that about any of the current consoles, all of them use casual gamers as a strength, whether it be the GCN, Xbox or PS2, all try to take advantage, and since PS2 has alot more consoles sold then Xbox and GCN's then yes it is a big strength, but what you're referring to in games being popular because of genre(like racing or sports) or celebrity involvement(50 Cent)

I'm use your example of the game 50 Cent: Bulletproof, it is also on the Xbox and not limited as an exculsive to the PS2, as well as most sports and racing games that aren't 1st or 2nd party are on the Xbox and maybe even the GCN.

Does the PS2 have alot of those types of games that you mentioned in it's library, absolutely, but you must also realize it has the most sales and biggest library so, of course, alot of developers go the PS2's way.

But all that also applies to the other companies, the casual gamer does make up a good portion of their sales do, it just happens whenever something goes mainstream, but if you go through the libraries of the current systems and compare them all, I'm sure you'll see all types of games like that on all systems

If their is a shift will it effect Sony, of course, no doubt, but your original post made it sound like Sony would be the only one to actually suffer badly, which I disagreed in greatly, I think if there was such a shift it would affect all the companies with consoles out, all that can be applied to all three of the current rulers, not just Sony, was my point.

Posted by Ant

Quoting boomstick: all that can be applied to all three of the current rulers, not just Sony, was my point.

Just more so with Sony and the PS2.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Ant: Just more so with Sony and the PS2.

Yes, as I said in my post, but Linkman's first post made it seem like he was saying that it would only effect Sony or not effect others much

Maybe I just misread or misunderstood

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

"[COLOR=lightgreen][FONT=Tahoma]and if you talk to retail they'll tell you it's the hottest-selling piece of hardware right now - by far and away the number one demanded product in stores this Christmas." [/FONT][/COLOR]

This is my favorite part of what Harrison said. Number one demanded product MY ***. That's the X-Box 360. "If you talk to retail"? I AM retail. I work at Wal-Mart and I can tell anyone here which system has the most demand, even from my station in the oil-change bay. The 360 is the one that is always announced over the PA system. The PSP? I wouldn't be surprised if Wal-Mart shrunk that section down to minimal proportions, or did like the nearby Target store and flat out stopped stocking them.

By the way, did anyone catch this little gem back in the summer?

[URL="http://www.joystiq.com/2005/08/26/sonys-phil-harrison-goes-crazy-on-nintendo-ds/"]http://www.joystiq.com/2005/08/26/sonys-phil-harrison-goes-crazy-on-nintendo-ds/[/URL][COLOR=lightgreen][FONT=Tahoma]

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

Maybe it's just him and Ken Ker-razy Kuturagi.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting ///Phantom: By the way, did anyone catch this little gem back in the summer?

[URL="http://www.joystiq.com/2005/08/26/sonys-phil-harrison-goes-crazy-on-nintendo-ds/"]http://www.joystiq.com/2005/08/26/sonys-phil-harrison-goes-crazy-on-nintendo-ds/[/URL]

Heh, I remember reading stuff like, "it's not fair to Nintendo for us to compete with them since we totally r0x0r their b0x0rz. That may sound like I have an enormously gigantic ego, but it's the truth" and wondering whether that was really the attitude Sony had about their competition or whether they were just trying to make the PSP look good.

Posted by Speedfreak

As it happens, DS is the fastest system to reach 5 million units sold in Japan, smashing the record set by GBA before it, and PS2 before that. It will probably sell around 500,000-1 million before the end of the year.

Consider this, Japan is a relatively small market. About half that of Europe, and about a third that of America, yet DS and PSP released within 6 days of eachother there. America got PSP about 4-6 months after DS, and Europe about 6-8 months afterwards. If DS has sold that much in the smallest market whilst having constant competition, how much do you think it would have sold in other, larger markets with a 4-8 month head start?

Enough to be the first to 10 million units, I can tell you that much.

Posted by Random

Quoting ///Phantom: "[COLOR=lightgreen][FONT=Tahoma]and if you talk to retail they'll tell you it's the hottest-selling piece of hardware right now - by far and away the number one demanded product in stores this Christmas." [/FONT][/COLOR]

This is my favorite part of what Harrison said. Number one demanded product MY ***. That's the X-Box 360. "If you talk to retail"? I AM retail. I work at Wal-Mart and I can tell anyone here which system has the most demand, even from my station in the oil-change bay. The 360 is the one that is always announced over the PA system. The PSP? I wouldn't be surprised if Wal-Mart shrunk that section down to minimal proportions, or did like the nearby Target store and flat out stopped stocking them.

By the way, did anyone catch this little gem back in the summer?

[URL="http://www.joystiq.com/2005/08/26/sonys-phil-harrison-goes-crazy-on-nintendo-ds/"]http://www.joystiq.com/2005/08/26/sonys-phil-harrison-goes-crazy-on-nintendo-ds/[/URL][COLOR=lightgreen][FONT=Tahoma]

[/FONT][/COLOR]

I work in Game retail too. I can tell you the 360 was the hottest item however it was also the hardest to get your hands on. We had more questions about the 360's than any other system. More people preparing to purchase than we had consoles in. Still what we had of the 360 (Accessories/Games) were hot items and we almost sold out.

We did shorten up our PSP Section some. We have the PS2 taking 1 1/2 cases, the PSP now taking half a case (instead of the full case it was), The Xbox taking a little over 1 case, the Gamecube taking 2/3's of a case, and the GBA/DS Taking up half a case.

The PSP case is larger than those of the DS and GBA, but then again we have way more PSP Movies then we do anything else for handhelds.

You work at wal mart lolz :-P

We are expanding the cases for 2006. We had to downsize Nintendo's case to fit all the Xbox games/accessories in. The 360 accessories/Games are also located not in a case but on new shelves we got in. We plan to expand to fit everything back the way it was. And to prepare for the PS3/Revolution releases.

Our hottest Last week before Christmas Console Sellers were:
PS2-24 (Sold Out)
Xbox-22 (Sold Out)
GBA SP-17 (1 left)
Gamecube-11 (5 left)
PSP-10 (Sold Out)
DS Mario Pack-6 (2 left)
DS Nintendog Pack-1 (Sold out)
DS plain-2 (2 left)
GBA Micro-0 (8 left.. Haven't sold one yet.. pathetic piece of garbage).
Playstation 1's (mini w/5" Screen)-4 (2 left) (On a further note i was suprised to see PS1's sell even after they seem rather obsolete).

So our sales for the companies show:
Sony had 38 consoles sold at our store
Nintendo had 37 consoles sold
Microsoft had 22 consoles sold

And we didn't get any 360's in the last week before christmas like some stores did. Unfortunate.

So Sony had the best overall, Nintendo in a very close second, and Microsoft doesn't touch the handheld department so they didn't do half bad.

This may not be universal but oh well..

Posted by buddha

Quoting Bebop: If a spokemen lies, it doesn't look well for the company, hence why spokemen aren't supposed to lie. This makes Sony look very untrsutworhty for me and considering they lied about the Killzone 2 footage I don't trust Sony at all now. In fact out of all 3 companies Sony is the only one I don't trust.

As for Reggie, please post some lies that you think Reggie has said.

In all fairness sony were never trustworthy! i mean come on, they are always so sneaky. back at the time of the origional playstation unveiling they demonstrated pure CGI videos and didnt say it was CGI so some gullable individuals out there presumed it was all in game. however i was seriously surprised at the amount of people who fell for it all yet again at E3 this year with the unveiling of the ps3.However Nintendo are the worst BY FAR for lying about when consoles will be released and that ****es me off far more than anything sony has ever done!

Posted by Axis

Uhh...when did Nintendo lie worse than Sony?

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Axis]Uhh...when did Nintendo lie worse than Sony?

About being able to play online with the GBA wireless link. Believe me, it ticked me off.

Posted by Speedfreak

GBA never had, nor was going to have a wireless link. The hell are you talking about? The only thing that comes close is the wireless adapter for GBA, and they never said a thing about taking that online.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Speedfreak]GBA never had, nor was going to have a wireless link. The hell are you talking about? The only thing that comes close is the wireless adapter for GBA, and they never said a thing about taking that online.

Nintendo Power did... well, technically, it wasn't their fault, but such "mis-statements" have happened many a time and again.

Posted by Speedfreak

So did a Nintendo rep say it or did Nintendo power misreport it? There's a pretty big difference.

Posted by Random

The truth is everybody lies. I'm sure every company has fed bull**** on numerous occasions, and thats no lie my friends. Sonys not in panic mode so lets jump off discussion.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting buddha: However Nintendo are the worst BY FAR for lying about when consoles will be released and that ****es me off far more than anything sony has ever done!

That's not lying, that's overestimating the rate at which the game/console is being completed. Yeah, Nintendo's notorious for that, but it's not an immoral trait.

Posted by Speedfreak

Uh, they have? Last I checked they give the vaguest release dates ever.

Posted by Unite

Speedfreak

Well all companies lie in some way , there is no perfect company. You make it sound like nintendo has never lied before. Have you seen the hentai games and dating sims for the ds? Not really suprising they were able to sell 5 million units the fastest.

Hehehe. I just like the Tsubasa DS game I bought for my sister, the Clamp fangirl. Win at rock, paper, scissors, and Shaoran will kick Sakura in the face. Just like in the anime...Wait...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Well all companies lie in some way , there is no perfect company. You make it sound like nintendo has never lied before. Have you seen the hentai games and dating sims for the ds? Not really suprising they were able to sell 5 million units the fastest.

It's just that Sony makes the biggest lies and Nintendo tends to downplay everything.

Also, dating sims? HENTAI games? Wait, what?

I can see how FTM could be considered a dating sim... sorta... but hentai games... on a Nintendo system? Source plz so I can buy it.

Oh, and to say those games helped sell 5 million systems is pretty untrue. The FTM series hasn't sold too well and I haven't even heard of this hentai game.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Unite]Speedfreak

Well all companies lie in some way , there is no perfect company. You make it sound like nintendo has never lied before. Have you seen the hentai games and dating sims for the ds? Not really suprising they were able to sell 5 million units the fastest.

All companies exaggerate and excessively push their product, this I have absolutely no problem with. I assume this is the lying you are talking about. If Sony were to say their handheld was the best handheld out I wouldn't mind, though I would crack a few jokes naturally. That's what they HAVE to say. What they don't have to do is come up with completely bogus figures for the purpose of misleading consumers, basically treating them like morons. Nintendo don't do this, Sony do. That's what I have a problem with.

...and there aren't any dating sims, let alone hentai sims on DS that I'm aware of. But even if there were, so what? You're basically just saying "It's only winning because people like it's games more". That's kinda the point, matey.

Speedfreak, two dating sims have come out in the USA for the DS. Using a randomly-generated math simulator, that means there are approx. 5,627 dating sims available in Japan for the system.

Quoted post: two dating sims have come out in the USA for the DS.

Except they're far from being simulations.

Unless that's what you actually do on a date...

Don't you snowboard while playing electric guitar and doing your own taxes to impress the ladies?

No?

Though that would explain why I haven't had a decent date in over a year...

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: All companies exaggerate and excessively push their product, this I have absolutely no problem with. I assume this is the lying you are talking about. If Sony were to say their handheld was the best handheld out I wouldn't mind, though I would crack a few jokes naturally. That's what they HAVE to say. What they don't have to do is come up with completely bogus figures for the purpose of misleading consumers, basically treating them like morons. Nintendo don't do this, Sony do. That's what I have a problem with.

...and there aren't any dating sims, let alone hentai sims on DS that I'm aware of. But even if there were, so what? You're basically just saying "It's only winning because people like it's games more". That's kinda the point, matey.

Sorry if u don't want to accept it but all companies misslead and lie it just how the world is in this day and age. How do u think bush convinced people to support his cause for war with iraq? All companies see customers as $, Nintendo is no different.

as for ds

Seen a few pics of hentai games and on ds, check for 4chan.org once in a while, sometimes they post a pic or too . Touch screen hentai games and dating sims make a good combo.

Posted by Speedfreak

Did you just let your little brother onto your account or something?

You completely ignored what I just said, once again. Yes, all companies exxaggerate and push their product, but most don't bullshit outright. There's a reason only a few companies like Sony have boycotts against them, people are getting sick and tired of their anti-consumer attitude.

If you're stupid enough to believe that people on 4chan don't know how to use photoshop then no wonder you believe Sony's crap.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: Did you just let your little brother onto your account or something?

You completely ignored what I just said, once again. Yes, all companies exxaggerate and push their product, but most don't bullshit outright. There's a reason only a few companies like Sony have boycotts against them, people are getting sick and tired of their anti-consumer attitude.

If you're stupid enough to believe that people on 4chan don't know how to use photoshop then no wonder you believe Sony's crap.

aww with insults

If these people are sick and tired of sony consumer attitude then they don't need to buy sony products and have done so. I haven't read article on page 1 yet and probably won't like 99% of Sony customer base. You haven't changed your views on Sony over years, you just seemed to be filled with more hate and we all know why that is. I don't need to believe what ceo or some rep says on sales figures when they have no personal affect on me.

I know 4 chan has alot photo shop pics, but they do have real pics too.

Quoted post: Seen a few pics of hentai games and on ds, check for 4chan.org once in a while, sometimes they post a pic or too . Touch screen hentai games and dating sims make a good combo.

Those were shops, you idiot. It's 4chan, for God's sake.

The only thing that came close to a hentai game was the bunny thing. Which isn't even a game, nor ever sold to the general public.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Vampiro: Those were shops, you idiot. It's 4chan, for God's sake.

The only thing that came close to a hentai game was the bunny thing. Which isn't even a game, nor ever sold to the general public.

o my mistake then a bunch of wasted potential that could of been used.

Quoted post: o my mistake then a bunch of wasted potential that could of been used.

Yeah, they really wasted a lot of potential, didn't they? :rolleyes:

If you want a hentai game so badly, just download one.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, they really wasted a lot of potential, didn't they? :rolleyes:

If you want a hentai game so badly, just download one.

I never said i wanted hentai games , but there is market for them in Japan. The ds features are perfect for hentai games, thats what i mean by wasted potential.