Final Fantasy III

Posted by Proto Man

Final Fantasy III was never released in the US, but that might change. I read that it is supposed to be a future release for the DS, which would be great. I don't have any specific info or the time to find it right now. If anyone does find some it would be appreciated.

Posted by Arczu

Wait, which FF3 are you talking about? Is it the 3/6 one, or the NES one... or something.

If it was the one on the SNES, I remeber seeing someone having a cartridge of it somewhere, and it wasn't an import...

Posted by Shade

Wait, neither three or six were released in America? Japan's always screwing us over....

Posted by Map42892

FF3 was the American version of FF6. If he said FF3 was never released in America, he's probably talking about the NES version.

Posted by Proto Man

I am talking about FFIII, not 6. 6 was released in the US on Anthologies. FFIII on SNES is 6.

Posted by Map42892

yeah! thats what i said!

Posted by Nevinyrral

Wonderfull, now I'm confused about the Japanese and American versions of FF AGAIN!
Is the one he is talking about the game where, you start off in a robo suit and your a girl?

Posted by Map42892

No.

Uh... here we go again.

The one where your in the MagiTEK armor with Terra is Final Fantasy VI, or III as they call it in America. Protoman is talking about the REAL Final Fantasy, the one 3 games before VI, or IIIUS. That is the one where you start out as four orphans.

Posted by Nevinyrral

Did it ever come out for GameBoy?

Posted by Map42892

No, neither Final Fantasy VI/IIIus nor Final Fantasy IIIj came out on Gameboy. VI/IIIus came out in FF Anthology for PS1, but Final Fantasy IIIj is the only Final Fantasy not released in the US, which is why Protoman was wondering if a DS launch title would be coming out.

Posted by Proto Man

Sigh... looks like I need to post my faq up. Thanks anyway Map.

Anyhow it would be awesome if it came out in the US. It would be worth buying a DS just for that game.

Posted by greasemunky990

you idiots final fantasy 3 and 6 were released out in the usa. Didn't you guys know that final fantasy 6 came out as final fantasy 2 and 3 was 3 and these games came out for super neintendo a while ago. Then later on they changed final fantasy 6 to 6 and another final fantasy game to 2

Posted by greasemunky990

Just to let u guys know final fantasy 2 and 3 did came out in the usa . They came out for super nitendo along time ago. Also final fantasy 2 is now 6 . And final fantasy 2 for the ds is a total different game then the one for super nintendo .