Game recommendations

Posted by NightmareBassX

So far for christmas, Im getting Animal crossing. Im think about getting Battles of PoP : Blades, but I need to look into it more. Does anyone have it? I also read a review on the Chronicles of Narnia, Saying that anyone who liked Diablo and Diablo II would like this game. (I play D2 alot). Can anyone else recommend some games that look really great for the DS, and are worth asking for for christmas? Also, the games I suggest i might be getting, If anyone has them, please tell me if they are good, and why or why not.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Well, Mario Kart's a given for any DS owner, pretty much. Even if you don't like racing games (somethign I say a lot, as it happens), MKDS will entertain you. I'd reccommend Nintendogs, too, but with Animal Crossing sucking up your life I don't think it'll be necessary. :)

Other than that, I'd say Sonic Rush, although it's a bit short.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Well, I have MKDS. My router is coming in the mail in like 4 days (Im highly looking forward to it.) I might not want to get Nintendogs. Looks fun, But not very addictive. Sonic rush... Maybe...

Get Nintendogs over Sonic Rush. It really is THAT addictive. I'm playing it now, and I've got an assignment to hand in tomorrow. It just... sucks you in.

Imagine how you felt before you actually tried Animal Crossing, and then how much you were addicted after. It's like that.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

In order of gettiness:

MKDS
CV: DS
Advanced Wars: DS
Sonic Rush
Meteos
Nintendogs
Kirby: Canvas Curse

Posted by Linko_16

On the DS portion of my Christmas List, in no particular order:

Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Sonic Rush
Yoshi Touch & Go
Super Mario 64 DS
Meteos

I already have Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs and Kirby Canvas Curse, all three of which I highly recommend.

Quoted post:

How'd I forget those two?

In this order:

MKDS
Sonic Rush
Meteos
Nintendogs

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Pretty much what Vampy said...

Mario Kart DS
Castle Vania DS
Sonic Rush
Meteos
Nintendogs

and

Super Mario 64 DS (good launch title)

Posted by Apathetic

Feel The Magic
Urban Asphualt GT
Kirby Canvas Curse
Sonic Rush

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Vampiro: How'd I forget those two?

In this order:

MKDS
Sonic Rush
Meteos
Nintendogs

MKDS - Have
CV : DS - Have
Mario and Luigi : PiT - Have to look into it, I don't know much about the gameplay
AC : WW - Already know Im getting, So... Have.
Advanced wars : DS - Have
Sonic rush - Looking into it.
Meteos - Have
Nintendogs - I'll try and take your advice... At first it looked appealing, I really wanted it... But for some reason i feel its a waste. Oh well, I'll see if im screwed or not. Can't live without risks. but Im sure I'll like it. Its one of those games that I bet aren't that great til you play them. (Im not hinting towards DS haters. Or am I?) Fine, I'll ask for it ****it!
Kirby : CC - Have

But what about Battles of PoP? (<--Lol. Pop) And Chronicles of Narnia? I can ask for Sonic rush for my birthday, being its on the 24th of January, its close.

Im not so sure I want battles of Prince of persia, But Chronicles of Narnia doesn't look like a bad game, Although I never have hope in move video games, They look so... Weird.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Nintendogs is addicting for a couple days, really. I haven't picked it up since the first week I got it, and it's been months now.

What I want to know is if Zoo Tycoon is any good. If it's similar to the PC version, etc.

Yeah, I foudn that after the first week, it got a bit tedious. but then, after a week or soof not playing it, I picked it back up again, and it's addictive again. Which is all you want in a game like this, really - the ability to pick it up after a while and still find it as enjoyable as you did the first time you played it.

As for PoP, I'd just go the extra mile and get the console version. It's bound to be better.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Well I would maybe get PoP for the console, but I haven't really gotten into the other 2, So I do not know the story of Prince of Persia. Plus my friend is a fan on PoP and have both games, and will get getting two thrones.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro: How'd I forget those two?

Assuming you also mean M&L:PiT, they're kind of new. :p

You, er, what?

Go into the bargain bins of your local store and get Sands of Time. You won't regret it.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Ahh, I didn't have that much fun playing Sands of time when my friend gave it to me. But I've now chosen what 2 other games I decide to pick for Christmas : Chronicles of Narnia (Looks like a fun hack 'n slash) and Mario and Luigi : Partners in time.

I just looked into getting The first one for GBA, But I cannot find it on EB games or Gamestop sites. Weird, I found it on Lik-Sang.com but it isn't available, Plus there games are usually overpriced, sometimes $20 over what they cost at a store (Its not **** wonder shipping is free.)

Both will be great to play to the car ride to Connecticut, Along with Animal crossing. Usually I just sleep, but playing my DS is cool as well. Thanks for your suggestions though, What do you guys plan on getting?

Not CoN, that's for sure.

Posted by Random

I may perhaps purchase the Mario Kart DS Packaged DS sometime around christmas. It looks pretty sweet.

Games I'd Get:

Mario 64
Mario Kart DS
Final Fantasy III (When it's released)
FullMetal Alchemist (When it too is released)
Lunar: Dragon Song

Thats all for now. I'm sure more will come later. Thats all that fazes me really. It's building a decent library slowly. Sorta what I expected. Same goes with the PSP in the same aspect as it seems to be taking a while for good games to come out. But it'll be worth the purchase for this holiday season to get a DS.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Vampiro: Not CoN, that's for sure.

What do you mean? Im not even a fan of the book or movie, its just that about 2-3 years ago, my 2 friends got the 'Lord of the Rings' games for the GBA, And they were alot of fun. The gameplay in that is similar. It will probably be a game that you play to make the time go by. It looks like a fun game to me, I wish I could see a video of its gameplay first though, No site has any.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I may perhaps purchase the Mario Kart DS Packaged DS sometime around christmas. It looks pretty sweet.

Games I'd Get:

Mario 64
Mario Kart DS
Final Fantasy III (When it's released)
FullMetal Alchemist (When it too is released)
Lunar: Dragon Song

Thats all for now. I'm sure more will come later. Thats all that fazes me really. It's building a decent library slowly. Sorta what I expected. Same goes with the PSP in the same aspect as it seems to be taking a while for good games to come out. But it'll be worth the purchase for this holiday season to get a DS.

Yeah, thats probably what will happen. But they are coming out with some pretty good games right now. I hope they look forward to making more games that use Wi-Fi. I haven't really heard much of any other games besides Metroid Hunters.

Posted by Moogs

I am getting my first DS for Chritsmas(the red one that comes with MK DS) and was wondering that new lawyer type game(so sorry I cant remember the name) Do any of you have it and is it good? Also, Nintendo Wi Fi, if you use a router, there is no limit to who you can play as in you can play anyone around the world, correct?

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Moogs: I am getting my first DS for Chritsmas(the red one that comes with MK DS) and was wondering that new lawyer type game(so sorry I cant remember the name) Do any of you have it and is it good? Also, Nintendo Wi Fi, if you use a router, there is no limit to who you can play as in you can play anyone around the world, correct?

Pheonix wright : Ace attorney.
I'll let someone else answer the Wi-fi Q, Im too lazy.

The answer, of course, is there's no limit to who you can paly no matter what method you're using.

Posted by theshadowfan

mario kart, kirby canvas curse, super mario 64 (only if you haven't play n64 version), nintendogs, advanced wars III, and of course metroid hunters (when it comes out)

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting theshadowfan: mario kart, kirby canvas curse, super mario 64 (only if you haven't play n64 version), nintendogs, advanced wars III, and of course metroid hunters (when it comes out)

Those are all games I have, besides Metroid Hunters of course. =)

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

i'd recommend mario kart DS (only if you have wireless lan/nintendo wi-fi connector)super mario 64 DS and kirby canvas curse.

Posted by Drewboy64

I would recommend Mario Kart DS even if you didn't have internet. The games I own (and thus recommend) are MKDS, Meteos, Nanostray, Kirby Canvas Curse, Wario Ware Touched, Mario 64, Advanced Whores Dual Strike, nintendogs, Trace Memory, Mario and Luigi, Jump Super Stars (import only), Band Bros, and Electroplankton (brother bought it in Taiwan).

I dunno. MKDS gets boring once you've completed it, without multiplayer.

Posted by Linko_16

Agree'd. Probably the only reason it was brought to DS so soon was for the online play.

Quoting Linko_16: Agree'd.

THIS APOSTROPHE IS UNNECESSARY.

Thanks.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting theshadowfan: mario kart, kirby canvas curse, super mario 64 (only if you haven't play n64 version), nintendogs, advanced wars III, and of course metroid hunters (when it comes out)

Why not Super Mario 64 DS. Even if you've played the N64 version *knock* *knock* Hello, portable. But i do agree with the games you are recomending, great games.