Xbox360 Fails To Sell In Japan

Posted by blade527

http://s14.invisionfree.com/console_gaming/index.php?showtopic=14

Posted by Speedfreak

Worse than Xbox 1. Ouch.

Posted by Lord of Spam

WAit a second.

Did this come as a suprise to you? Its quite logical when you think about it. Japan is a rather cramped country, with limited space. As such, they dont have room to fit Xboxs into their homes.

Hell, I'm suprised they fit jsut one on the islands considering how huge the 'box is.

Posted by nich

I don't think it has anything to do with Xbox's size (altough its larger than I thought it would be) because the PS3 is almost as big and it'll sell just fine. I've seen their houses, they are effin small but they'll both fit, hell you could put it on a shelf if you wanted to. It's because Microsoft isn't Japanese I betcha.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting nich: I don't think it has anything to do with Xbox's size (altough its larger than I thought it would be) because the PS3 is almost as big and it'll sell just fine. I've seen their houses, they are effin small but they'll both fit, hell you could put it on a shelf if you wanted to. It's because Microsoft isn't Japanese I betcha.

...wow...

I don't feel I need to elaborate.

Posted by Klarth

YOU DON'T GET IT. THE XBOX IS HUGE.

Posted by s0ul

I guess nich missed the humor there.

Posted by Random

Um hey can we get a legit source instead of a forum? Because you guys are acting like buffoons over it and it may not be even legit.

Posted by nich

Ahhh the ongoing xbox joke. It's true I missed it.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Um hey can we get a legit source instead of a forum? Because you guys are acting like buffoons over it and it may not be even legit.

spoilers: you're a horrible person

Posted by Random

ok I read IGN and I see it's true. Such a shame. But then again it's early. The Gamecube only sold around 2 million consoles sales to date in Japan and thats pretty terrible seeing Nintendo is a Japanese company. Microsoft is American and the Japanese media doesn't seem to care for American Games.

Oh well it's selling Huge in the U.S. and it'll remain selling huge for sometime.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I don't think it has anything to do with Xbox's size (altough its larger than I thought it would be) because the PS3 is almost as big and it'll sell just fine.

It does have to do with size, to a degree. I mean, if you were from a country that made sure to keep all gadgets small, and then all of a sudden this monster of a machine shows up in your stores... would you want it? Plus, that and the fact that it scratched discs when it first came out were two reported reasons why the Xbox didn't sell well.

Posted by Random

I doubt thats the case. I heard the PS3 is supposed to be larger than the 360. So I highly doubt this is at all the case. I'm telling you the japanese just don't support non japanese material. They think Sony as gods thats why Nintendo does so poorly in the home console race in japan compared to Sony.

The Japanese are insane.

It can still be a cause.

It's just that Sony will have the brand power to make them forget about that.

Plus, who knows? Tghe PS3 could bomb. It won't, but it could.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Klarth: YOU DON'T GET IT. THE XBOX IS HUGE.

:D

Posted by Axis

I think this was fairly obvious. See, there was no reason for the Japanese to buy it on day 1. They have 6 launch titles: Ridge Racer, Perfect Dark, FIFA, Every Party, and 2 other titles that aren't that important. I expect 360's to start selling more when Dead or Alive and N3 come out.

Posted by Random

Yes Microsoft has prepared for the Japanese to purchase their Console. They've got a ton of Japanese developers developing games as we speak. I'm sure Microsoft will come out with huge titles that'll gain Japanese support. It's too early to predict what'll happen.

Xbox repeat.

And if I'm wrong, I'll give you all two cents.

Posted by Axis

I know Xbox 360 will not sell well in Japan, but it will be slightly better than the Xbox.

Posted by Bebop

Somebodyandom, you are a fool. Japenese don't buy XBox 360s for the same reason sane peopel don't; the games suck. They just don't appeal to Japan folk. The Japenese aren't as easily entertained with samey-same sport games like *insert anything EA* or mindless dull overratedd shooters. However the most of America as we know are into that sort of thing. It's nothing to do with companies being from different coutnried. Becuase if that were the case Nintendo would be selling more as they have existed longer in japan than Sony.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro: Xbox repeat.

And if I'm wrong, I'll give you all two cents.

It'll cost you more than that just to mail it all. :D

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Bebop]Somebodyandom, you are a fool. Japenese don't buy XBox 360s for the same reason sane peopel don't; the games suck.At that point, I stopped reading your post. You can't even make any argument to/for video games without mentioning Microsoft and how much you dislike them.
---
It's no surprise that the 360 isn't selling well in Japan. The games on it do not appeal to the Japanese consumers. It will be a different story once some decent RPGs are released.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Skitzo Control: At that point, I stopped reading your post. You can't even make any argument to/for video games without mentioning Microsoft and how much you dislike them.

I don't dislike Microsoft, I dislike th 360 games.
Obviously if you think I can't make an arugment about games without concerning MS you aren't reading all my posts. Which you've just admitted to.

Nice job idiot.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Speedfreak: Worse than Xbox 1. Ouch.

Like you said: ouch...

Posted by <DEMONHUNTER>

Quoting Bebop: I don't dislike Microsoft, I dislike th 360 games.

I agree the only good game out for 360 is Call of Duty 2.

Posted by Xero

I agree with demonhaunter. There aren't many good games out on 360 yet. The system is still recent, but I'm pretty sure that perfect dark zero will be a total succes and so will halo3.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

I believe this is where I say

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Which is to say, thought so.

Posted by Big Boss

No surprise there. Microsoft just doesn't know how to market their products in Japan, no matter how many better deals they get over us. Plus, the system seems geared towards delivering the same American-centric experiences of its predecessors (FPS!). Sadly, the genre has never been popular overseas.

But, it might do well in the next year or so. With pretty much all FF talent gone from Square to make a new company, it'll be interesting to see what they cook up for the 360. And, we all know Japan loves RPGs. The PS2 is proof of it.

Posted by boomstick

Anybody who's actually surprised with this just shows me how little they really know about the standing of the Xbox in Japan.

Quoted post: It'll cost you more than that just to mail it all.

PayPal or something

Posted by ItsQuagmire

did anyone seriously think it would do good if the first one didnt sell good there,i mean when the ps3 comes out there it will be huge there they even try to put in a trial version of final fantasy 11 and it still didnt do good microsoft is just screwed when they try to sell xboxs over there

Posted by Darkbackward

Am I the only one here who has any common sense?

Sega people, Sega, remember Sega? They, and they alone are responsible for the xbox's successes in Japan and it will continue into this generation.

Team Ninja and Square Enix delivering their titles won't do it, Sega needs to put some of that saturn sequel magic (panzer dragoon) and suzuki (shenmue) on the xbox 360 before it has a prayer.

Also, miziguchi is working on a title there as well......

Microsoft's chances in East Asia are pretty much dependant on Sega at this point. You can all pay me for edifying you all.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Darkbackward: suzuki (shenmue) on the xbox 360 before it has a prayer.

Hm, we may just see Suzuki focusing his efforts on a different console in this generation...

[quote][url="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/678/678280p1.html"]From IGN.com[/url]

Suzuki gives himself a 60 for the year. Asked about the PS3, Revolution and Xbox 360, he refers to Xbox 360 as being PC-like, Revolution as being toy-like and PS3 as being like a super home appliance. As a programmer, he states that he's most interested in whatever has the most horse power, even if it means the system is difficult to handle (he breaks off into one of those car analogies people like to use when describing system power -- we'll spare you the details). He closes off by stating that if the PS3, like the PS2, allows developers to gradually harness its power, he's interested in it.

Though, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't games like Shenmue II, Otogi, Otogi 2 and Panzer Dragoon Orta tank at retail? Sega isn't exactly known for being successful at selling their games.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Big Boss][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]Sega isn't exactly known for being successful at selling their games.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Heh... more like non-Sonic games.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Big Boss:
Though, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't games like Shenmue II, Otogi, Otogi 2 and Panzer Dragoon Orta tank at retail? Sega isn't exactly known for being successful at selling their games.[/color][/font]

Shenmue and Orta both made the top ten list in Japan, the only games to do it for xbox in japan.

Microsoft's sales are a direct result of Sega in Japan, if MS wishes to continue it will need another panzer dragoon and shenmue in order to gain a foothold before falling off.

How well they sold in America is irrevelant to the point at hand.

Also, Sega scored the highest for a third party publisher in terms of critical appeal last year.

Posted by Xeal

I blame their Nationalism. Seriously. :|

Posted by GameMiestro

Technically, this isn't a "future system" anymore.

GOOD OBSERVATION