Getting logged out for no reason

Posted by D.J Cat

Ok, this has happened about 5 times now so I don't think its a coincidence anymore.

For no reason whatsoever at about 11:05 pm when I am on tis site it gets to a point where nothing responds anymore and I have to go to another site caus enothing is happening.

Its now half an hour later and evrything seems right.

So what the flips is going on there?

Posted by CS Ryan

This was happening to me before for a month, but now it dosen't happen anymore. I don't know why.

Posted by GameMiestro

You either have to only make short posts, or click the "Remember Me" box.

Posted by D.J Cat

I have got the "remember me" thing ticked.

And only doing short postys does not work at all with the Smas Bros Caption Contest.
A few weeks ago I had it all typed out when it happened.
So I copied and pasted it and went elsewhere with the intention of coming back and just pasting it and reposting it.
Well that didn't work as things get copied and pasted and therefore I had to redo it.
Not that much of a bother but still bloody annoying at times.

Posted by Arczu

I haven't encountered anything like that, but I could have sworn I placed a new thread in the Help/Suggestions area. I was tired though so I don't think I even placed it.

Posted by ZEN

It really sucks when you are playing an arcade game and get logged out.

You can try opening up multiple tabs in your browser and keep at least one open to the "[url=http://www.vgchat.com/online.php]who's online[/url]" page.
However, that fails sometimes too.

EDIT: In the time it took me to make this post, I got logged out. Yikes.

Posted by DarkBlade

[COLOR=black]This happens to me when im Idle.. no big deal. What ticks me off is if i spend more than 5 mins in Advanced Post and click post, it logs be out and I lose all the data from before. Going back clears it..[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]Also I recently discovered I cant post in the test board..[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]?[/COLOR]

Posted by Slade

It seems to happen to me when I take a long time to type something out, or if I forget about this window/tab for a while. I figured it was an inactivity logout, but if it happens randomly like that while you are active on the site... we need to hear from someone like Jesse.

Posted by Poison

I am posting here now.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting DarkBlade: [COLOR=black]This happens to me when im Idle.. no big deal. What ticks me off is if i spend more than 5 mins in Advanced Post and click post, it logs be out and I lose all the data from before. Going back clears it..[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]Also I recently discovered I cant post in the test board..[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]?[/COLOR]

In order to fix this you must first change your signature to something that doesn't make my eyes bleed.

Posted by Minesweeper

I want that "you won't log out unless you specifically tell the site to do so" dealy back. I've lost two arcade high-scores 'cause I've been logged out while playing. T.T *sobs, cries, moans, and generally makes a dork of herself*

Posted by Angerion the Brave

This isn't quite a log out problem, but I figure it's close enough.

In the Arcade for Bahgdad Bowling, if I get passed about 4000 points I get an error that gives me this http://www.vgchat.com/game.cfm", which prevents me regestering my real scores for the title.

Which sucks royally because I consistently score well into the 11,000's in it.

Posted by Deathgeist

I'm sure anybody with half the brain that it appears fate has can figure this one out, it may be annoying and some may not enjoy this but if I know I am gonna be online for extended periods, playing extensive arcade, I just set my login to remember me. I have never had it log me out due to this, in fact my account has only logged out once since i joined the site like a week ago. And it was an intentional log =D so just make sure to hit "Remember me" when you are playing for a while.

Posted by Fate

That was already suggested, you pretentious ****, and it failed, THUS causing further question. Read the thread, first.

Maybe you guys are deleting your cookies or something? I know that can skew password-saves.

Posted by Deathgeist

Maybe you are a *****y ****. Perhaps you should learn to take your mood swings out on someone else. I saw it was suggested but many people didnt seem to listen and yes it DOES work moron but if people don't have cookies allowed, have a setting to auto-delete cookies, or are deleting them, it won't work.

It's good to keep refreshing stated information, beacuse most people who complain wouldn't be smart enough or patient enough to read earlier posts.

Posted by Fate

If the other shorter and paragraph-separated posts didn't get immediate attention, then a refresher isn't necessary if people are stupid. He also said something like "OH ANYONE WITH HALF A CEREBRAL CORTEX I'M PRETENTIOUS" which just insulted everyone indirectly. Unnecessarily rude.

Though I can't say too much on that.
;)

Posted by ZEN

Quoting Angerion the Brave: In the Arcade for Bahgdad Bowling, if I get passed about 4000 points I get an error that gives me this http://www.vgchat.com/game.cfm", which prevents me regestering my real scores for the title.

Which sucks royally because I consistently score well into the 11,000's in it.

Try playing it in firefox. I get no problems with that.

Or just give up, because I am almightly Baghdad Bowling champion elite master deity. :D

Posted by Deathgeist

lol you THINK I'm pretentious I know you are a ***** =P And its quite funny that you call my comment rude yet you call me a pretentious ****. I see the door doesn't swing both ways for you. And I don't care what you think is necessary or not, I'll post what I want, not what you feel is "necessary". Christ you sound like Bush.

Posted by MastaKnight

Hmmm I don't know how from what he said you see him as pretentious. He makes a lame joke, so what. Boo hoo.

I don't see anybody who has a life caring or being offended. OMG SOME GUY IN FORUMS INSULTED MY BRAIN!

neway I also think refreshing info like this is good, although ya maybe some spacing would be nice but so what I could read it

Quoting ZEN]Try playing it in firefox. I get no problems with that.

Or just give up, because I am almightly Baghdad Bowling champion elite master deity. :D

Thanks for the suggestion ZEN, my Arcade nemesis. :D

I already have and have had Firefox for quite some time and it still didn't work. But it fixed itself, and your score and "ellietship" has been devistated.: If the other shorter and paragraph-separated posts didn't get immediate attention, then a refresher isn't necessary if people are stupid. He also said something like "OH ANYONE WITH HALF A CEREBRAL CORTEX I'M PRETENTIOUS" which just insulted everyone indirectly. Unnecessarily rude.

Though I can't say too much on that.
;)

It's figure of speech meaning "it's very simple", that's an insult only to people without a Cerebral Cortex who are to buisy being non-exsistant to care about being insulted.

And besides, anyone who REALLY cares about what a perfect stranger they don't even know the real name of that would get so badly offended by a remark as trivial as that is a sad, sad, sad person that should maybe take a little time off the computer and try mingling with real and tangible people for a while.

Slow day, forgot I already posted. I tried deleting it but It won't let me.

Posted by Fate

I wasn't insulted. I called him pretentious for using such language. Who the hell are you?

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Fate: I wasn't insulted. I called him pretentious for using such language. Who the hell are you?

Angerion the Brave! But wow, Im on Fate's side. Deathgeist Is a ****ing retard, Look at the way he is insulting her, Its far worse then what she did to him.
Quoting DeathGeist: ****ty ****
Prick.

Quoting DeathGeist: Mood swings

Prick.

Quoting DeathGeist: Christ you sound like Bush.

Thats a good one, You deserve to be a mega-prick. Congrats.

Oh, and how come some peoples posts aren't being counted in this thread. Mastaknight : Posts - 0?

Posted by GameMiestro

Quoting NightmareBassX: Oh, and how come some peoples posts aren't being counted in this thread. Mastaknight : Posts - 0?

Posts dont count in the suggestions board. At least they shouldn't. Also, about not being able to post replies in the Test Board... I think that was put in place to prevent spam.

My computer has reached the point where I cannot make any posts at all in the Quick Reply thread.

Posted by D.J Cat

I am still getting this problem.

It doesn't matter when I log on but at around 11:05pm it will fail without fail.

Posted by DBZKid10

I think something worse will happen to me. I will get banned.

Posted by sandpaper smooth

i get logged out to....ALL THE TIME. not at 11:05 but all the stinkin time!!!!!!
also, it doent allow me to log back in and deletes all the posts i've just done.
exteremely annoyin (i actually have like 10 posts but it says i have one)

Posted by Jesse Smith

U post on n00bie boards, there for your post doesn't count. u need cookie to log in and stay loged in!!!