Rant-A-Palooza Blog

Posted by Linko_16

A member by the name of xawmeyd00b (whom I hadn't heard of before he IMed me) requested a blog he wanted to be called "Rant-A-Palooza". The idea is that if you have something that's really bothering you, you rant about it in his blog. I know that it only takes one supermod's approval, but I found his topic both valid but questionable... So even though I'll vote "yes," I thought it'd be best to have everyone's input on this one.

Posted by Xenos

No.

There were plenty of "rant blogs" around prior, and not too many of them were sucessful. Not to mention, the member is as lame as the title of the blog.

Posted by sabre

NO.

I assure you, xawmeyd00b is the kind of member you do NOT want to give a blog to. And, yes, the idea's flopped in the past.

Posted by Klarth

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=1024

*no*

Posted by Jesse Smith

U sure u don't want da rule back of having to make these polls for any new blog??!!!!

Posted by Linko_16

When I told him how badly he was gonged, he offered up the idea of "xawmeyd00b - Yum Yum" which would be all about food and cooking. The guy's getting on my nerves because it sounds like he wants a blog for the sake of having a blog, but at least now he has a valid topic. May not be very popular, but the it would have an actual point to it, and a unique one at that. I could probably pursuade him to create a better name, though...

Posted by Xenos

Um, he made a blog at MOA Online, and well, Angelwing isn't very happy.

Caligo Avalonis: DamieonDawg4214: linkman?
DamieonDawg4214: he's an smod?
Caligo Avalonis: admin
DamieonDawg4214: whoa
DamieonDawg4214: how come he's admin?
DamieonDawg4214: could i become admin?

Caligo Avalonis: He's an admin because I trust him, he helps out a lot, and is a good friend.
Caligo Avalonis: No you can't.
DamieonDawg4214: never ever?
DamieonDawg4214: never ever never?

DamieonDawg4214: never never ever never?
Caligo Avalonis: You got it.
DamieonDawg4214: could i ever become smod
Caligo Avalonis: No.
DamieonDawg4214: not even if i get more members,help out on the forums,tell you about ppl violating the rules and post enough to be trusted
DamieonDawg4214: and have a good history?
Caligo Avalonis: I'll see it when I believe it. But I don't need any more S-mods anyways. And if I did, I have others in mind.
DamieonDawg4214: so if i do that i couldn't be s-mod?
DamieonDawg4214: so even if?*
Caligo Avalonis: ...
Anigmasis: He acts like a ....ing six year old.
Anigmasis: " MOMMY I WANT THIS!!"
Anigmasis: "No dear, you can't have it."
Anigmasis: "NEVER???? NEVER EVER???"

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, that's the impression I got from him also. He wants to gain power as fast as possible. He wants so badly to have moderation, but we have plenty of rules that say he can't. We don't have any rules, however, that say we can deny him a blog if it has a solid topic, so my thought is this: if we just give him one to run into the ground, what harm will come of it? It's just a blog, practically seperate from the rest of the forums activities. If it works out, great, but I imagine that he'd be excited to visit his blog everyday only to see that no one's posted in it. Cooking isn't a subject that most members will look into much. It won't be long before he's bored and discouraged with it, so he'll give it up. This way, we'll be rid of him and he doesn't have to get all hot and bothered because "The Man" told him No.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Um, if he get's one then we will have 2 give 1 2 da other n00bies!!!!!

Posted by sabre

Quoting Linko_16: Yeah, that's the impression I got from him also. He wants to gain power as fast as possible. He wants so badly to have moderation, but we have plenty of rules that say he can't. We don't have any rules, however, that say we can deny him a blog if it has a solid topic, so my thought is this: if we just give him one to run into the ground, what harm will come of it? It's just a blog, practically seperate from the rest of the forums activities. If it works out, great, but I imagine that he'd be excited to visit his blog everyday only to see that no one's posted in it. Cooking isn't a subject that most members will look into much. It won't be long before he's bored and discouraged with it, so he'll give it up. This way, we'll be rid of him and he doesn't have to get all hot and bothered because "The Man" told him No.

Yeah, but the thing is, once someone has a blog they can't be banned. And if he keeps up as he is now, that won't take all too long.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

He doesn't seem like a bad kid, just power hungry. At least it's for a blog. I don't like the idea of a rant blog, but I don't see the harm in giving him a blog. He told me that he'd like a Family Guy (tv show on cartoon network: adult swim) Fan blog if the rant blog wasn't appropriate. So yeah, if it was for a Family Guy blog, I'd approve.