Revolution's Possibilities

Posted by Drewboy64

Dump all your ideas/predictions on Rev games, peripherals and functions here...

I think the DS will be able to hook up with the Revolution. Even though people didn't like the GBA connectivity, with the DS, it'll be easier and less expensive; now you don't have to buy a cord because it'd probably use wireless connetivity. And I think if this happened, Nintendo wouldn't make it mandatory to use the DS in games like Crystal Chronicles so people would like it. Also, I think we'll be able to go online with the Revolution and use the DS's download play to download temporary demos of upcoming games.

They need a Canvas Curse sequel for Revolution!

Posted by Linko_16

Exactly what I thought... The Revolution should also allow you to play your DS games right on the TV screen instead of using some disk you buy seperately. Sure, they may be a little small because there has to be two screens on one, but it'd be better than nothing.

As for Online play, I'll throw in my previously stated idea for a keyboard that hooks into the remote.

Posted by Drewboy64

Heck, they could make a DS player for hte Revolution with it's controller. And that's a good keyboard idea. It would be perfect for PC users.

Posted by Darkbackward

I'm pretty sure that EA sports titles will ruin the intention of the device, so 2k games will have to buckle down and start going nintendo.

Also, now that Feel the Magic Revo is almost a guarantee (buy the rub rabbits, people) I now know what game will be the killer app and the reason to buy a revo.

I'm still waiting for Nintendo to start making Nintendo games instead of spin-offs to nintendo games, so Nintendo games hold no appeal to me.

Posted by Phoenix Spell

A new, funky fresh, Dance Dance Revolution for the Revolution! :D

Posted by Random

I think the Revolution will mostly be what i've heard from the media about, with the exception that I believe Online play will be bigger than expected. I have a feeling Nintendo plans to have at least 15 online games and it'll open up new horizons for Nintendo. They really need Online play. I wish Super Mario Strikers were online :-\ ...

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, now that they've finally tested the water with the DS's WiFi capabilities, I hope Nintendo goes online with the Revolution. I'm tired of playing Smash Brothers, Air Ride and Soul Calibur just with my brother.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I hope Nintendo goes online with the Revolution.

wi-fi out of the box.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Blade of Honor, sword control in Zelda (and also, of course, the Wind Waker action ftw). That's what I'm looking forward to.

Oh, and the FPSes, of course.

Quoted post: (and also, of course, the Wind Waker action ftw)

If Nintendo doesn't make another WW, I will be ****ed.

Posted by Drewboy64

Wind Waker is too underrated.
Everyone thought Revolution would have no third party support, but now EA, the giant and evil third party developer wants a piece of it's ***.
I think a Zelda game would be sweet if you could Z target and switch to remote-swining mode, and otherwise have classic gameplay, including the A and B finish and parry.

By the way, I guess Rev's remote is 5.1 or so inches long, according to this IGN thing. I don't know how accurate it is, but it seems right.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/673/673900p1.html

Quoting Drewboy64: Zelda would be sweet if you could Z target and switch to remote-swinging mode, and otherwise have classic gameplay, including the A and B finish and parry.

Aye, that's exactly what I'm hoping for.

Posted by Random

Windwaker was fun through 3/4's of the game, then it started to get dull and boring. No contender to LTTP or OOT.

Posted by Linko_16

Agreed... not as good as its big brothers, but still fun.

Yeah, that was because it was rushed to market, and the last portion of the game was just a huge scavenger hunt. I think they've learned their lesson with that, given that they pushed TP back for quality.

Posted by Drewboy64

The best part was going back in time and seeing hyrule in black in white, then having to fight those guys. Just super epic.

Posted by Speedfreak

...you didn't go back in time.

And stop hijacking the thread.

Well, the whole reason I brought it up wasn't 'cause of the game, it was the item. Conducting stuff with the wand seems fairly Revo-esque, to me.

Posted by Bebop

Saw this fan-made video. I like the F-Zero idea alot

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2063821498385606325&q=nintendo+revolution

If it doesnt work go to video.google and search for 'nintendo revolution'. Top right.

Posted by Drewboy64

that is a good idea for a racing game. I never thought of that. And it looks really fun. I think they should make a RTS game in full 3d. The graphics would be amazing with next gen power, and the controls would be good.
I don't think mario should use remote control, but it still looked super fun.

Posted by <DEMONHUNTER>

Yeah... Great Video... it would be great for them to set racing up like tha but I personally liked he Mario Idea... it semed cool.

Posted by protomanv4

Quoting Drewboy64: Dump all your ideas/predictions on Rev games, peripherals and functions here...

I think the DS will be able to hook up with the Revolution. Even though people didn't like the GBA connectivity, with the DS, it'll be easier and less expensive; now you don't have to buy a cord because it'd probably use wireless connetivity. And I think if this happened, Nintendo wouldn't make it mandatory to use the DS in games like Crystal Chronicles so people would like it. Also, I think we'll be able to go online with the Revolution and use the DS's download play to download temporary demos of upcoming games.

They need a Canvas Curse sequel for Revolution!
Drew that is not true go to http://www.cheatcc.com and click on revolution.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting protomanv4: Drew that is not true go to http://www.cheatcc.com and click on revolution.

What exactly are you saying isn't true?

Posted by Drewboy64

I think he thinks that I said you could play DS games on the revolution.

Posted by Burrito

I'm not sure. I thought it was pretty obvious that DS connectivity was just something you were HOPING for.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

With the inclusion of a rumble feature, I shudder to think how many nasty adult games are going to be made in Japan, packaged with cleanable controller covers like the Rez peripheral.

Posted by Drewboy64

Lapis 2? Haha, sex games are reaching a new height.

Posted by protomanv4

Quoting Drewboy64: I think he thinks that I said you could play DS games on the revolution.
yep u are right

Posted by protomanv4

Quoting Drewboy64: I think he thinks that I said you could play DS games on the revolution.
no u can not play ds games on the revolution

Posted by Drewboy64

I know you cant. I didn't say that. Learn English.

Posted by Moogs

How do you know for sure?

I'm not saying you can... I'm just saying how for sure do you know?
They could have a hook up like the GC GBA.

I'm hoping for a DS Player attachment.

Posted by protomanv4

Quoting Burrito: What exactly are you saying isn't true?

U can't connect the Ds to the Revolution.

Posted by GameMiestro

I'm hoping that if there is a DS to Rev. connection, you can still go online with it.

Quoting protomanv4: U can't connect the Ds to the Revolution.

That's a complete lie.

Posted by Drewboy64

Nothing has ever been confirmed/denied about connecting the DS to the Rev, but I think we can assume that it will.

I think it'd be cool if in a first person shooter, if you brought the controller close to you, you would look trhough the crosshair thing. You could still move normally, but the controller would have to be near you. Also it'd be cool if you could tilt the controller forward to crouch and forward more to lie down.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Prince Shondronai: With the inclusion of a rumble feature, I shudder to think how many nasty adult games are going to be made in Japan, packaged with cleanable controller covers like the Rez peripheral.

Man, if you ever want to get a girl into gaming the trance vibrator IS the way to go.

Oh yea, it works for american systems :-D