Video Editing Software

Posted by Skitzo Control

I've started looking into some video editing programs, but can't find what works. I tried using basic Windows Movie Maker, but it is the worst program I've ever had the misfortune of using. Everything else that I know of (that is any good) is rather costly. Does anybody know of some good editing software that won't make me fork over any money? In better words: if it works, and it's free, it's good for me.

Also, an image-editing software much like Photoshop, or an animation software would be sweet, too.

Posted by arctickaypro

i tried windows movie maker too. needless to say, its no longer an install option for me.

anyway, I just use whatever came with my graphics card. i believe it is Ulead DVD Studio 7 or something, I can't remember, but two programs from Ulead came with it and they work very well for what i use them for. I don't know if they're a free download or not, you can just visit Ulead's website and try them. if they're not free and you still want to try them, i can probably create some isos and host them for you, whatever works.

as for freeware image editing, paint.net is the shat. I remember using it once and couldn't believe such a good image editing program could come out of the .net framework (a prerequisite), but it's really decent. I also know the GIMP is supposed to be good, I tried it once and thought it was overrated. your call.

Posted by Philsdad

You're right, most good video editing software is way too expensive. There are a few worthwhile free programs though. Check out VirtualDubMod, it's a pretty decent free video editor.

http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/

I'm not sure if this is the kind of program you're looking for, but give it a try.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Ulead's one is awful. I've used Pinnacle Studio in the past, but it's incredibly glitchy and doesn't have a reverse function, even if it is highly easy to use. If you can get a copy, and if it'll run on your machine, try Final Cut by Apple. If not, go for Pinnacle Studio. It's not a bad program if you can get past its faults.

No good program like this is free, though, sorry.

As for image editing, I use Ulead's PhotoImpact, specifically version 5 Bundled Edition. In my opinion it's far superior to PhotoShop in many respects - mainly because it deals with objects as opposed to layers, and also probably because I learned to photomanip on it. I have yet to find a better anigif program than Animation Shop, though.