What was you favorite thing about perfect dark?

Posted by evancooleo

I love the game down to the last thing, I just wish they came out with a later version

Posted by Megatron

How can I just pick one?! The controls, the level design, the whole single player, the multiplayer. The game just rocked from top to bottom and I doubt I could think of just one favorite about the game.

Posted by Dexter

The bots in multiplayer mode are exceedingly important to me. Without them, the replay value wouldn't be as intense, since I would more often choose to play Goldeneye. I enjoyed the bots so much, though, that I would play Perfect Dark by myself frequently. Amazingly enough, I played it enough to receive the Perfect title, which is something that is very rarely performed.

The complex, temple and 'the bathroom level' additions were another thing that really helped too, since they are, in most opinions, the three best levels in the game. I generally expect to play one of those three levels when I play in multiplayer and the use of falling down holes added a pleasant flavor to it, as well. Something that Goldeneye didn't do.

I imagine playing Goldeneye and Perfect Dark online often. I think it would be astonishing. I could easily see myself addicted to such splendor. It would be far superior to Halo 2.

Posted by evancooleo

nice, man someone help me out cuz everyone leaves me bad rep!

Posted by D.J Cat

The Combat Simulator.

Being able to take on those sims in team matchs with your friends vs some of the sims was great fun.
We had our own great set up in Area 52 and Car Park with the Pop-A-Cap setting with a no kills score on.
Great times.

Posted by G-Sides

I liked the missle launcher that let you fly the missles around by yourself so you could blow things up that were around corners and such.

Posted by Dexter

Those steering missiles were wild, especially in the temple level, since you can lead them through all those nifty holes high on the walls. Trying to shoot them as they come after you is another exciting factor about them. Let's not forget those laptop guns either. Deploying them at adequate areas was another thing that made the weapon selection advantageous. It's a shame they wouldn' t allow you to deploy more than one of them at a time. With the laptop gun and proximity mines, you can burry yourself within a den whereas it is favorably difficult for others to reach you.

Posted by loony636

The multiplayer was cool, but one of the modes (can't remember which) was really weird, you couldn't win or something....but anyway, the single player was good (I especially liked the target practise and rocket launcher) and the storyline, although weird, was really strange.

Posted by Xero

The dragon and the superdragon (guns) They shoot hard and i'm pretty good with them.
Also the maps in general I think there mostly good.

Posted by Mixhael

The best thing about Perfect Dark is Elvis! Shame on all of you

I don't usually play my N64 games with others because all my friends have moved on to other consoles. I can safely say, though, that PD is one of the best games ever created for the lone gamer. Combat Simulator and Level challenges are extremely complicated and kept this idiot gamer coming back online to find FAQs and Walkthroughs.

Posted by Al Borland

The shooting range thing was pretty neat. Its always fun to stand in the middle of that glass door and throw knives at the dude standing there.

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting Al Borland: Its always fun to stand in the middle of that glass door and throw knives at the dude standing there.

Or grab the crate fom downstairs, go to the target range and fill it with knives then take it to Carrington.
Then you can either blow up the box with the Farsight or also blow up the box with the Farsight but then do the equipment training, and go through pick up the knives and chuck some into him.

Then, for the funny part, if your lucky you go back in the office and he'll see "Please don't do that, it worries me"

I just had some great fun in the combat simulator the other day.
I had 5 Hard Sims and a Perfect Sim in a free for all with a random level and a new set of random weapons each time.
Great way to improve your skills and all round goodness.
Most importantly it should be fun.

Posted by Foxy McCloud

The Laptop gun. :D

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting Dexter: Let's not forget those laptop guns either. Deploying them at adequate areas was another thing that made the weapon selection advantageous. It's a shame they wouldn' t allow you to deploy more than one of them at a time. With the laptop gun and proximity mines, you can burry yourself within a den whereas it is favorably difficult for others to reach you.

The frame rate would probably die a lot more if you could have more than 1 Laptop Gun. And it would be to overpowering
One is enough.

With the Slayers though....
Area 52 is another great one for the Slayer.
There are a few cheeky holes here and there so basically there are only 2 safe place in the level (in the safety houses) so its much fun for exterminating people.

The other day I was playing with Random settings on.
It was in the Warehouse and one of the weapons was a grenade, another was was a timed mine, there was a cloaking device and a Reaper, I forgot the other 2.
Anyway, this made for an excelent battle, using the cloaking device in that room with all the crates and popping someone who suddenly walked in. At one stage I was being chased by a guy with a Reaper through the corridors, and I had grenades. Anyway, what I did was hold the grenade for about 2.5 seconds before throwing it at the ground while running backwards. I then got into a room and saw the explosion go off pretty much right behind him which stopped him in his tracks as he fell back and died.
That was just one of "those" moments.

Posted by Skedar Warrior

I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE SKEDAR RACE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS,THEY ARE SOOOOOO CUTE!!!! MY MOM HAND MADE A PLUSH SKEDAR FOR ME,ID HAVE TO SAY IT IS ABOUT 3 FEET TALL!!!

PERFECT DARK IS FOREVER!!!!!!

Posted by Skedar Warrior

i like the multiplayer stuff,espacilly the maian characters,because when you shoot em',they make weird sounds.i also like failing the solo missions,and the weapons,the farsight made me laugh and cry even more,the cheese in the missions look so ramdom,i mean,why,why CHEESE?why not a secret special explosive weapon ,WHY CHEESE?????????????!!?!?!?!??!?!

Posted by D.J Cat

Do you have any photos of this Skedar toy?

I'd love to see it.

Posted by Mixhael

I'm still trying to complete all the challenges in this game! I'm stuck on 18, where you go up against 2 Elvis SIMs in a King of the Hill expert challenge. They move so fast I'm about ready to give up

Posted by D.J Cat

Challenge 18 was very difficult.

In fact I only just completed it last year.

I'd suggest just going on to another challenge and saving that one for later.

Posted by William

The best thing? Of course it's multiplayer :cool:

I do like proximity mines quite a bit though, especially when you stick them on the other player's body and run off waiting for them to blow up.

The laptop gun is fun too, but quite cheap.

The single player mode and the challenges were quite challenging, which is a good aspect for a game to have in my opinion. The more challenging the better, unless it's one of those games that are so hard you can never beat it.

Posted by Mixhael

Quoting D.J Cat: I'd suggest just going on to another challenge and saving that one for later.

Yeah I'm skipping to 19 now. I passed 1-17 so I'll have to go back to 18 some time. I forget what challenge it was, probably 16, but you go up against an expert sim with no radar, proximity mines are included. That one took me a while to pass, but I found a trick in case anyone is stuck on it:

Find the room that only has one exit, it contains a SuperDragon and two boxes of ammo. After getting the SuperDragon, hide behind the door and wait for the SIM. When the door opens, you're hiding behind it and the SIM is trying to run towards you, obviously he can't since the door is in the way. Anyways, aim down and you'll notice the glitch: the SIMs arm is poking through the door just enough to where you can shoot him several times and eventually kill him. Don't misfire, any slowness you take means he's leaving to get more shielding. Hope that can help someone

Posted by Skedar Warrior

ok,i got it of a website,it may be considered cheating,but....it works and i got all of the combat simulator arenas by doing this.follow directions carefully,but you need a saved setting in order to do so,if u dont,just make a cruddy simple one.and u need another controller controlled by u.

1.go to advanced settings.on controller 1,go to the place where u select a setting,(i forgot what it was called)
but dont select a saved setting yet.
2.on controller 2,select a challenge,(dont forget to load ur player!!)press start
3.on controller 1,select the saved setting then press start.

if all goes well,your easy setting will replace the hard challenge,thus making ur setting the challenge,repeat steps 1-3 until u win all the challenges!!!!!

Posted by Skedar Warrior

have any of u people figured out a way to increase your number of kills??

i have,here are some directions.on how to.

1.set the type of game to capture the case
2.set all simulants to darksims and put them all on ur team
3.change all weapons to remote mines using the custom option for weapons
4.put the arena as the facility
5.load ur character(duh)
6.set time to no limit
7.set score to no limit
8.set team score to no limit

heres what u do:keep ending the game until u end up in the bathroom.once ur in the bathroom,u grab some mines and mine the bathroom and the littlr room whare u started,be sure to get enough mines where the case is and in the little room.once you are done,exit the room and run down the stairs to a room far away from the stairs.set all of your darksims to SAVE CASE and watch the radar to make sure they are all around the red circle thing (that indacated ur base,duh) and blow the place,just wait and ur be racking up alot of kills in no time,but the message that tells who youve killed isnt correct,to see your ACCURATE negitive number of kills,press START,(dont worrie,even though the score number is negitive 200 or so,you will still get ur kills.and a won game.

Posted by D.J Cat

I don't like using any lame or cheap tactics like that to get kills.

I have over 32000 kills and they are all from genuine battles.
You won't get better simplier from having a higher number.
And who really worries about the numbers, its all about how you play the game and who comes out on top then.

:bangbang:

Posted by Skedar Warrior

yeah,the only reason i do that is because i know how to play the game scince i was 5,
but i do that because i accidently deleated my combat simulator player file,i kick simulant butt though,since i have my dad whos a expert!!!

if i offended u in any way,sorry,just trying to help other poor souls like myself.

Posted by Skedar Warrior

if u want to know how i deleted my file,i have a game pack,and i have all combat simulator files of myself and friends on there,i,well,i removed it,not knowing that when i removed it,everything got erased due to corruption or damage.so,thus i have to start over.my ranking was professional:10 when i deleted it,now i am a expert:12.sad story,isnt it??

Posted by Skedar Warrior

yeah!!! i am a veteran:11,i know,it took along time.but who cares how long it took!!!

Posted by imevan

Everything i liked the multi player the most though

Posted by Skedar Warrior

so,did my lame challenge cheat help anyone??

Posted by EggplantWizzard

...being able to put a black male head on a white female body. That shit made my day.

Other than that, multiplayer was tight, and bringing back the Facility, and double Cyclones...

PD is the shizznit

Posted by Skedar Warrior

i rock! i am now a killer:7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Dexter

I spent much of my game time in spring and summer of 2004 getting a Perfect 1 rank. I would play it while I did homework nearly every night until I finally reached it. It was certainly one of my most tremendous achievements when it comes to the Nintendo 64.

Posted by Skedar Warrior

i concur

Posted by Morag2

I loved that game through and through... great guns, great bots, great missions... best shooter I've ever played... I just wish they'd make a sequal for the Gamecube.

Posted by Skedar Warrior

they are making a sequal,perfect dark zero,if you look at the website,you would be so upset like i was,joanna looks like a 10 year old,her hair is frizzy and she looks sooo ugly!!!

Posted by Skedar Warrior

i am a assasin:6!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Skedar Warrior

OMG!! i have read reviews on PD zero and they said that it was the worst game and that they like the original way better.
rare messed up the targeting system so it was in accurate.sad huh?
it would be pretty hard to blast someone in the head.