clans?

Posted by JON

ever considered having a clans here? ive been to previous forums with clans and it turned out to be not so bad a thing. im just askin if you guys have ever tried it or even consider doing it.

Posted by Klarth

for the nine-hundredth and nintey-ninth time: NO.

Everyone who posts after me will explain why.

Posted by JON

ok thanks

Posted by NegativeTrend

It's because Jesse will never do it and there are already clicks in the board.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Theres no real point. Everyone knows what the groups would be anyway, so theres no real reason.

Posted by Linko_16

We're segregated enough as it is.

Posted by chec

sounds like a good idea to me

Posted by Xero

Quoting Lord of Spam: Theres no real point.

Exactly.

Posted by Random

I'm currently in a gaming forum with clans in it. I feel that it's a much better gaming forum. It's small but its also new. It's grown a lot in the last 2 weeks. It's all organized and they have organized events. They have Xbox Boosters, Playstation Elites and The Nintendo Revolution. Well they have a PC clan too but it's rather short handed. They organize online gaming and what not and have prizes and it's kewl. They're making newsletters too. It's truley a great idea. They have a leader of each and have them choose rankings and have clan meetings and what not. And of course they discuss gaming and even non related gaming. It's pretty wicked awesome. It's too bad VGChat hasn't moved in that way.

Maybe someday eh?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Maybe someday eh?

Hopefully not, as it sounds lame.

Quoted post: Xbox Boosters, Playstation Elites and The Nintendo Revolution

Xbox fans really got shafted when it came to clan names, eh?

Posted by Xero

Quoting SomebodyRandom: It's pretty wicked awesome. It's too bad VGChat hasn't moved in that way.

Maybe someday eh?

Yup, that could replace reputation...

Posted by Random

Actually Vampiro it's very innovative. It's completely different. Instead of using Rep, they use a Ranking structure. It's rather kewl. They've hosted Xbox Live tournaments, Playstation Online Tournaments and even Mario DD Tournament for the GCN, and there are plans for DS tournys. It is rather kewl. And theres newsletters soon to be involved. It's not really so lame as you think.

And yes it seems like Xbox fans got shafted but oh well. The admin could still change the name if anyone really complains in which they haven't.

Posted by Lord of Spam

COOL

C-O-O-L.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting SomebodyRandom: It's too bad VGChat hasn't moved in that way.

Speak for yourself. I visit forums to talk, not to play games.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Seconded.

Posted by Random

Like I said. We also discuss gaming. It's one of the numerous things we do. Instead of blabbering about future information, we have that along with other great idea's. At least I think it's great. *Pats self on back* yes i'm self centered :-P

Posted by Xero

I dont really know what to say anymore. I wasen't going for it at first, but now that you explained it more, I think it could be fun...

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Instead of blabbering about future information, we have that along with other great idea's.

... What?

Posted by <DEMONHUNTER>

I was in that Site Somebody random joined... it was a bad Idea and there was no real point...and i agree i also come to forums to talk... not to play tourneys and such. And also that is not a better gaming forum site than this.

Posted by Random

Quoting Flame ghost: I dont really know what to say anymore. I wasen't going for it at first, but now that you explained it more, I think it could be fun...

It is!

Posted by Skitzo Control

There are literally thousands of clan sites. We chat about games here, not chat among groups about games. Go somewhere else for that.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting NegativeTrend: It's because Jesse will never do it and there are already clicks in the board.

Classic 8-)

Aren't we already enough of a clique as it is? This whole message board is somewhat of a cult.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Not much of a cult. We just love to bitch at eachother cause we have nothing better to do. Adding "clans" would just cause that to shift from individual thread vendettas to clan wars. It may sound kind of amusing now, but consider this; take Ant's "ZOMG Vegans4Lyfe" thing and times it by about a thousand. That would be the result of allowing clans on VGC.

Yeah..