Funnest boss battle

Posted by NightmareBassX

How the hell do you start one of these off? Oh well. Maybe if this was made a week ago I'd have trouble deciding, But now I know for sure. I've had a long history with the game "Kingdom hearts"... I've never owned it, but I have had played it a tiny bit, But not the actual game, just the parts I thought would be fun. It first started about 2-3 years ago in my friends house... He had been really far in the game and had went to the arena to notice the "Platinum Match". He picked it and tried to see how hard it was... Sora walks out to the 'Platform' and a hex appears, Then a big beam of light comes down. Some silver (or gray) haried man is kneeling, With a... Wing on his back. Right away I was suprised, my two friends near me had no idea who it actually was. Then I just yelled "ITS SEPHIROTH!" And my friend who I aided in FF7 just said "What? Are you serious?". I said it again, and then... He throws his arm out and bang... His theme starts, that convinced me. The royal *** kicking my friend received wasn't very fun to watch, But seeing Sephiroth in action was great, especially since it wasn't stand-still RPG. The next part is with my other friend, Sean. About 1 year ago, I was over his house, and he owns Kingdom hearts. So I went on his brothers file and I attempted to beat sephiroth. I thought it was impossible, he wasn't even losing health. My friend bet me $10 that I would not even take some life away... Before I had died, I did though, and he still owes me that $10.

This next part, happened not too long ago... On monday. I was over my friend Seans house again. I was in the mood to play a beat em up game because I had played a GBA game that got me in the mood in my 9th grade study hall. So my three choices were Devil may cry 3, God of war, Or Kingdom hearts. I picked kingdom hearts, and I was automatically in the Coliseum. So I thought "Why don't I try to beat sephiroth?". So I fought him, the hexish entrance always gets to me. I fought him, and lost, But got him down 1 bar, So I thought I did much better then I did the first time. I tried again, I did a little bit better but the "Death" type of move (Taking health and magic down to one) had always gotten to me. I tried again and I actually got the timing down, so I started to get better. Then, I had just gotten determined to beat him, But after the first round, I said "Oh I can beat him after a couple of hours of trying" In a sarcastic voice, My friend had even thought I could not beat him because... Well Nobody in there family had beaten him, so It didn't seem realistic for someone who is inexperianced at kingdom hearts, me, to beat a boss not even his brother, level 92, could beat. I told him to turn up the sound all the way (I enjoy "The One Winged Angel" theme) and I put on these wierd winter gloves, Called the hobo gloves due to cutting off the Fingers. I started, I actually unleashed a deadly combo in the beginning by jumping over his attack and using a regular combo along with 2 Arcanums combo's. Then I started to get an adrenaline, the Music really influenced it. I started to beat the crap out of him, getting the timing of the "Death" attack down with Elixirs and Actually only getting hit by Omni slash a phew times. Then... My friend started tp beleive I might win, He saw the green bar starting to appear. Then, Sephiroth did an attack completely foreign to him and me, But obvious to tell what it was... Meteor. My friend started yelling "METEOR!!!" and I was constantly running in circles trying to dodge it. Then, they all clumped together and a big ball came down, I was just intent on killing Sephiroth so I went after him, By running under the Meteor. Then, He started to glow with a blue-ish black light. And my friend was yelling "OH MY GOD! WHAT IS THAT!?". That... Is when I beat Sephiroth down. He gets reckless and tries to kill you many times with thrusts and slashes, but he is easy to damage in arcanum. Then... Thats when I beat him. I jumped up and my friend was yelling "OH MY GOD! YOU BEAT SEPHIROTH!!!!" And I was just really happy... It was such a fun boss battle, and I had never gotten such an adrenaline from one. I was just really happy, Sora kind of dampened the win by saying "Thats the power of the keyblade." I was sort of 'weak' after it, because I had gotten so excited and I had gotten such an adrenaline. He rewarded me with 18000 experiance, basically 1 level for each character.

Today, I had come over his house to see if I could master beating sephiroth. I had gotten really good at it, and I wanted each character to get to level 100. Before I had started beating him, his brother came down, and I said "Im beating sephiroth again!" and he never knew that I had, so he said "What? You cannot beat sephiroth!" And after about 10 minutes of practice, He had watched me do it. He was shocked, He had the best file in that game, and he couldn't beat sephiroth. When he saw me do it, he realized that my strategy could help him. He had not known arcanum was so useful against Sephy. (Its kind of hard to figure out the strongest attack when everything dies in 1-2 Hits) After about 10 minutes, he had beaten sephiroth... But by the time I left, I had beaten sephiroth a total of 13 times, including the first. I've never felt so good about winning such a hard boss battle, Plus FF7 was my favorite FF so I liked that I had beaten the most "Bad-*** Supervillian" <---(Quote by my friend)It was a nice feeling... Most people have quit kingdom hearts because they could not beat Sephiroth, so they lost intrest. At least the people I know.

Posted by GameMiestro

The first fight with Cackletta in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga was amazing. She grew to a huge size, and attacked crazy fast, but in reality was not that hard to beat. None of the bosses in that game were very hard to beat...

For the pure satisfaction of beating a hard boss, it probably was when I beat Bowser the first time in Supre Mario World. The battle is bloody hard...

Posted by Speedfreak

Too long; didn't read.

The final boss in Sparkster. The music is amazing, it looks awesome and it's not too challenging. At least not the 17th time round.

Posted by GameMiestro

He beat Sephiroth. In Kingdom Hearts.

Posted by Zeta

I know there's a lot of bosses I've enjoyed fighting, but the only thing that comes to mind right now is Dark Samus 2 on MP2: E. That was just awesome, fighting on an elevator with Darkness playing.

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

That was actually an interesting story. Similar to how I beat Sephy actually.

Good job either way.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Not sure I'd call it the most fun boss battle, bot moreso satisfying: beating Sarevok in Baldur's Gate. He's bloody hard, not to mention all the mages etc. surrounding him. I need to play through this again.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Speedfreak: Too long; didn't read.

The final boss in Sparkster. The music is amazing, it looks awesome and it's not too challenging. At least not the 17th time round.

What a waste of 10 minutes... =*(

Posted by JON

any bowser in super mario 64, hands down.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting NightmareBassX: He had been really far in the game and had went to the arena to notice the "Platinum Match". He picked it and tried to see how hard it was... Sora walks out to the 'Platform' and a hex appears, Then a big beam of light comes down. Some silver (or gray) haried man is kneeling, With a... Wing on his back. Right away I was suprised, my two friends near me had no idea who it actually was. Then I just yelled "ITS SEPHIROTH!"

It was exactly the same for me with my brother watching... after the Rock and Ice Titans, Sephiroth was the last person I was expecting, and that just made the fight rock that much harder. I gave up on him at first because he seemed ridiculously impossible, but upon returning to him I found he wasn't that overwhelming. He just takes dedication.

I have two memories to share. The first is Super Mario 64, which I first played back when we were only allowed to rent an N64 from BlockBuster once every eight weeks. It was the last night of rental when we were on the very last Bowser, but with our remedial skills at the time, he was a true challenge. My brother had an earlier bed time and asked me to wake him if I could do it. I played for one more hour and forty five minutes while my own bed time drew closer, and I'd almost gave up hope when I finally managed it. Hardly able to believe what I'd just done, I stampeded up the stairs to my brother's room and yelled for him to wake up. He jumped out of bed half from the shock of being awake and half from the excitement and we watched the ending together. Seems kind of cheesy now, but it was pretty significant to me then; I hadn't beaten an adventure game like that by myself before.

The next is Ocarina of Time. I'd been introduced to it at my Uncle's house one summer when I flew up to North Carolina and I had access to the game systems I still didn't have for myself at home. He only had one available file on it, but I played and enjoyed it excellently. I wasn't finished when it was time to go home, however, but it had been eight weeks since our last rental and he let me borrow it to finish at home. My brother also wanted to play, but as I said, there was only one file and I'd taken it. I made it all the way to Ganon, but he was driving me crazy because I kept running out of magic when using Light Arrows. To ensure that my brother had time to play, too, I promised only so many more fights before I'd give it to him, sure I'd beat Ganon before then. I didn't, however, and on my last fight, I was very upset. In an angry fit, I rolled at Ganon, thinking there was no way I could win now... only to roll right under his legs and get at his vulnerable tail. And so I beat the game at the last possible chance. Rockin'.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I tl;dr'd more than once in this thread. Thats impressive.

I'd go with Emerald weapon in FF7. Technically not a boss, but any enemy that takes 45 minutes to beat, and looms instant death over you deserves to be mentioned.

Posted by Mikeachu

For me, Star Wolf in SF64

Posted by Nightscare

the huge *** boss from super mario world 2 : yoshi's island where you had to butt stomp on his head untill his pants fell down

Posted by Klarth

The Ft. Hurricane boss fight in Xenogears. One hit, and whoomph!

Posted by JON

another fun one is the ruins boss in phantasy star online. its actually a decent challenge.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Oh my God, there are so many great ones. I don't know where to start. Here are my top 5:

1) Bowser - Super Mario 64

2) Ganondorf - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

3) Final Kefka - Final Fantasy VI

4) Cyberdemon - Doom

5) Andros - Star Fox

Posted by D.J Cat

I had one particualy good fight with the 2nd last boss (and while we are on the subject why are they called bosses when in many cases they aren't the boss or in charge of anything...?) on Metroid Prime.
Don't read on if you dislike spoilers.

I was fighting Meta Ridley on Hard difficulty and was in good form. But as what happens, he started to kick arse and make a comeback and my health started dropping. weel final result, I was nearly gone with 5 missles left and 15 energy when I got the finishing hit in.
And everything about that fight is great, the atmosphere, the music the rain and so on.

Final bowser from Mario 64 was good for simlar reasons as was Ganondorf.

Lets see, also Grunty from Banjo-Kazzzoie the way she gets taken out is so very cool.
The whole fight with K.Rool in Donkey Kong 64.

And the majority of the bosses from the Paper Mario games.

Posted by G-Sides

Andross in Star Fox 64 was a blast, except when you fought his brain, too.
Andross's brain was just annoying. =[

The guy who pukes fish at you in that one Earthworm Jim game was fun to fight, too, as was the crow.

Posted by bigdaddyju34

Mortal Kombat: Shaloin Monks. The battle of all three bosses midway in the game. That was an intense fight and it takes some time. You fight Shang Tsung first then Kintaro and then Shao Kahn. Its hard because you have limited energy.

Posted by <DEMONHUNTER>

1) Sephiroth Kingdom Hearts... I beat him after the(literally) two thousandth try.
2) The Bonus boss in the Aladdin wrld in Kingdom Hearts.... He was fun
3) The Guardian Doom 3

Posted by Zeta

[quote=D.J Cat]I was fighting Meta Ridley on Hard difficulty and was in good form. But as what happens, he started to kick arse and make a comeback and my health started dropping.

Let me guess, that cheap tackle move he does 100 times in a row before you get a chance to hurt him?

Anyways, another boss I enjoyed... I'd say Kaptain K.Rool in DKC2. It's been around for 10 years and I still get a laugh out of whenever his gun backfires.

Posted by eternalchaos

The Warriors had a funny boss fight!

"WARRIORS! COME OUT TO PLAA-AAAAY!"

Posted by Golden Archer

Usually bosses are to tough or horribly easy but 2 I like stand out.

1-Guilty Gear X, I forgot her name but she is the boss you fight at the end of Bad guy, oh man was she tough, after 20 times of me and my friend trying over I did a insane combo in the begining of the battle (was in that glow mode..man I forgot alot about guilty gear...) and completely owned her, sucks that my friend was in the bathroom and didnt see me do it.

2-Master hand and crazy hand special event 51 (or 52?) SSBM- Jeez, before I knew how to use falco I used marth, and after 4 times fighting and a over dose of soda I finally beat them...

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting eternalchaos: The Warriors had a funny boss fight!

"WARRIORS! COME OUT TO PLAA-AAAAY!"

My friend always makes fun of that part in the video.

Posted by Dragner

Any boss fight Conker or Pschonauts is really funny. Like the great might Poo, and the boss fight in the Lungfish.

Posted by Nightscare

2. the huge grey boss on the front of resident evil:deadly silence

3. the final boss of monster rancher 4

Posted by Arczu

Not sure why, but I like the final Boss fight in Rayman 2: The Great Escape.

You can't actually damage the boss directly once you get it down and have to make it fall into the lava. PLUS, if you get it by anything or crash into anything, the shell you're flying on explodes and you die, respawn AND it reverts back to the same amount of life as it did when you first started. A bit of a challenge.

Your being forced to finish a boss off without taking another hit!

Posted by Roger Smith

Ruby and Emerald Weapon stay near the top of my list.

Posted by maian

Grunty in Banjo Kazooie, and Twinrova in Ocarina of Time. I loved both boss battles. I still can't figure out why.

Posted by Harry Potter

i like final fantasy it is my dream come true if they never made it i would not be happy today i will be mopy and never talk to anybody.

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

Egg Hawk and Robot Storm on Sonic Heroes.

Posted by Hero'sCrest

Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 2, the ***** is hard to beat!! Especially if you are level 56 the first time you try (I know from experience) lol. But I think it gets easier as you progress in level. But his freaking teleport and slash your *** owns you no matter what. Oh and also I wanted to ask, how do you battle Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts I?

Posted by Last Fog

Del Lago in Resident Evil 4 was amazing. I can safely say there is no other boss battle like that in any other game. Really all the bosses in RE4 are great but this one is just unlike anything else. It's the first boss in the game though, so its pretty easy.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

ANY of the Ninja Gaiden boss fights were awesome.

But my favorite would have to be...... either the battle against Ares on *** of War or all of the good old Bowser fights. :D

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting SapphireRose: But my favorite would have to be...... either the battle against Ares on *** of War or all of the good old Bowser fights. :D
Most of the time Bowser fights werent even fights... you just jump over him and hit the lever. :/

Posted by Colonel

Resident evil 4- In the Castle level when you get caged in and have to fight that blind guy with the wolverine claws, a NORMAL guy jumped down instead of that blind guy, the funny part was that he couldnt hit me, had no face, and died in one shot.

Posted by Celestial Flame

Quoting Roger Smith: Ruby and Emerald Weapon stay near the top of my list.

They were so **** hard though, I never got to beat them but I still have the game so I can go back and play against them.
Did you ever get to get all the limit lvls to 4 for everyone and how'd did ya?
Plus can you help me on how to get a goldin chocobo?

Posted by SmileInYourSleep

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]I don't know which one I like so I will name my top three lol.

1. The bird-like collossi in Shadow of the Collossuss
2. The eel-like collossi in Shadow of the Collossuss
3. Ares from G[COLOR="Cyan"]o[/COLOR]d of War

Reasons why:

1. The bird was awesome, also frustrating, constantly falling off of him. When you first encounter him when he is on the huge pillar it is kinda frightening lol. It took a couple minutes to beat him but I was really excited when I was done.
2. Not much to say actually, I just enjoyed getting pulled under water and having to hold on to the huge eel.
3. Ares was awesome!! there were a couple stages of the battle and it was sooo exciting after going through all of the game. He was probally my funnest boss battle of them all.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by s0ul

Gary.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=SmileInYourSleep]Collossuss
Sure you don't mean Ccoolloossuuss, kiddo?

Upon reconsideration I'll have to say Ganon from Wind Waker or the Dragon God from Chrono Cross.

Posted by SmileInYourSleep

Quoting Klarth: Sure you don't mean Ccoolloossuuss, kiddo?

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Lol, yea I am sure. And hopefully you are being sarcastic.;) [/COLOR][/FONT].

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Last Fog: Most of the time Bowser fights werent even fights... you just jump over him and hit the lever. :/

I know, that's why I liked them. Sometimes I don't want a hard fought battle. Sometimes I just want to go in and OMGWTFBBQPWN someone. Now, it's rare that I want to do that, but sometimes I just gotta. :D

Posted by Bebop

K.Rool back in the first Donkey Kong Country was fun because you think you beat him but during the credits he comes back for more!

Posted by TendoAddict

I like the Koopa Bros In Parer Mario one because it was funny as hell. First they come out in a cr@ppy suit to try and fool you. Then they do a stupid spin move.

Bowser in 64 was also great exspecially if you were good. I can actually just throw him a small distance and keep throwing him till I literally throw him right into the bomb.

Posted by Hyper

Ganon from Wind Waker was probably the most fun for me. Come to think of it, I enjoyed most battles in that game.

Posted by Arczu

I agree about Ganon being fun in that one. You had to have some dexterity there.

Xenosaga 2, The Partiarch was a challenging fight. Sure, for an old guy he had a ton of HP. He's also one of those bosses who lets you THINK you win when "ZOMG WHY THE HELL DID MY BONUS SCREEN SHATTER?!" and wakes back up with even more HP than before... I was like "Aw sh!t..."

Posted by adamhalo

Sephiroth FFVII
All the bosses in Resident Evil 4
ok way too many to name

http://freewebs.com/grandeurgames